alpine 9831 problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

IgnoreMe
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com VIP
caraudio.com
for the last couple of weeks i have been having problems with the 9831 that i purchased of ikesound. so far the display used to go out and now ive got another problem. my alpine will be playin music, then all of a sudden the speakers will go out. the comps will go out in the front (powered off my alpine amp) as well as the stock back speakers which are powered with the HU's build in amp. the subs will still play though. so i know its not the t320, its gotta be the HU. also today the backlighting for the buttoms fast forward and all that stuff went out while everything stayed on, and my speakers were out too. i got agrivated and of course checked all my wiring...everything was fine. turn it back on, 15 minutes later, same thing. you think i just got a bunk unit from ikesound? or has someone had these same problems before? crap man, my system is falling apart. first the stupid cdt's, then my mag, then the sx, and now my cd player! what else can go wrong...

***** bro- not to turn this into a 'dont buy online' thread, but aggravating things like that I like to be able to see a dealer face to face and make'm fix the problem-

It sounds to me you need to call them and flip out, demand a new unit-I know Crutchfield would respond this way- if Ikesound send it out to Alpine your $$$ is on hold until they get it back to you- downtime and inconvenience......

Wish you luck

***** bro- not to turn this into a 'dont buy online' thread, but aggravating things like that I like to be able to see a dealer face to face and make'm fix the problem-
It sounds to me you need to call them and flip out, demand a new unit-I know Crutchfield would respond this way- if Ikesound send it out to Alpine your $$$ is on hold until they get it back to you- downtime and inconvenience......

Wish you luck
yea i knew in advance what i was getting into. so far the HU has been workin decently yesterday. not to agrivating just yet, but it has and does get to me every so often. ikesound doesnt offer any replacements. only repairs done by alpine which *****, but like i said i knew the risk involved thought it over and went for it. but hey you know what? this does give me an excuse to save up and buy a 9835, but ill try to get it from a more reputable place, not that ikesound is bad, just i would like to see if crutchfield or someone would price match it. thanks anyways man, i figured i was screwed lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.