24 bit D/A Converter?

patjai

Is this something clearly audible? If it gives significant improvements on clarity, then this feature will be a requirement.

So far, I only know high ends Pioneer, Clarions, and Eclipse which have this. Any other brands have this feature?

And does anyone know around how much an Eclipse 5444 or 8454 would cost? I can't locate a local store around here which carries them.

Has anyone used the Clarions DXZ745MP or have opinions about it?

I know a lot of people have the Pioneer 8600 and will recommend it to me. hehe, yea I know that's a great deck, just checking other options as well.

Is this something clearly audible? If it gives significant improvements on clarity, then this feature will be a requirement.
So far, I only know high ends Pioneer, Clarions, and Eclipse which have this. Any other brands have this feature?

And does anyone know around how much an Eclipse 5444 or 8454 would cost? I can't locate a local store around here which carries them.

Has anyone used the Clarions DXZ745MP or have opinions about it?

I know a lot of people have the Pioneer 8600 and will recommend it to me. hehe, yea I know that's a great deck, just checking other options as well.
A deck with a higher bit dac does not necessarily mean it will sound better than a deck with a lower bit dac, imo(I have heard dual 1 bit eclipses sound better to my ears than 24 bit clarions, for example). I am surprised you can't find an eclipse dealer in LA. Call 800-55-eclipse, and you should be automatically connected to the nearest dealer.

Retail prices on the CD5444 and CD8454 are $449 and $599, respectively.

Nakamichi has one in their cd400. If you're really motivated there is a great post on elite car audio about DACs by Werewolf. It's probably a half a year or more old, but it might be looking up just for the information factor. Good luck.

Mike

denon uses 24bit alpha processing. My C-90 has 20bit burr brown.

THere's also a saying that a human cannot hear a difference between a 1bit DAC and a 24bit.

its not so much an audible difference, but the purpose is the HU's abilities to perform its tasks (dsp's) efficiently without degrading the quality of the signal- the more you ask it to do, the more the signal is stressed

When a HU company gives you their signal to noise and thd specs, believe me they dont test it with the EQ's and other bells and whistles running- Strong processing handles these tasks effortlessly without sacrificing the audio signal

Think Pentium4 vs Celeron

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.