Alpine 9825 getting way to hot.

ErnMcCracken
10+ year member

NY
Recently exchanged my 1st alpine 9825 because it got to hot and just put my 2nd 9825 in last week. Now I only have it connected to my 1 Van Gogh Amp and have the internal amp on the Alpine 9825 turned off. Now the problem is the unit gets so Hot, I mean hot that u can't even touch it and the actual volume knob is hot and also the FM preset buttons get very hot. Its my 2nd unit and wondering if this is normal for the 9825. It has never went into protection and I have tried numerous ways of Grounding the unit, but have had no luck solving this issue. Is this normal for the Alpines? I've owned tons of HU's but none seemed to get this hot.

Not sure, you prob know, do you need to run larger power wire because of the internal amp, even though you aren't using it. I know some have a bigger internal amp and need larger than stock wire. Also, does it have an internal fan, I just found out mine does and how to turn it on. Made it a little cooler.

I was acaully worried about mine as well, I always run it with the angle adjusted up a click and i can feel teh heat comming out from under the face plate but apperently thats normal so im set.

My 9825 also gets lil warm, but has never gave me any signs of failure.It does have fan in the back too, buh does it run all the tyme or a certin times ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.