Alpine 9813 repair help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fishx65
10+ year member

Michigan
I've had an Alpine 9813 since new that's been in a couple vehicles and is still in beautiful shape. I recently replaced it with a new Alpine because it was miss behaving. The lights would go out once in a while and I had to give it a good nudge to get them back on. Checked all connections a few times which didn't help. Power straight to battery and ground to bare metal. I now have it on my bench with a 12 volt source powering it. The screen still goes out and flickers. If I squeeze the top and bottom together I can eventually get the screen to stay on. I'm assuming there's a loose connection inside the body since squeezing it changes things. The motorized face is also giving me problems and it took me several tries to eject the CD. Sometimes it won't close. Was hoping someone might know what the problem is before I try any type of surgery on her. Thanks!!!

I've reset this Alpine a few times and it doesn't help. Other option is to sell the perfect face plate and call it good.

Last edited:
I've had an Alpine 9813 since new that's been in a couple vehicles and is still in beautiful shape. I recently replaced it with a new Alpine because it was miss behaving. The lights would go out once in a while and I had to give it a good nudge to get them back on. Checked all connections a few times which didn't help. Power straight to battery and ground to bare metal. I now have it on my bench with a 12 volt source powering it. The screen still goes out and flickers. If I squeeze the top and bottom together I can eventually get the screen to stay on. I'm assuming there's a loose connection inside the body since squeezing it changes things. The motorized face is also giving me problems and it took me several tries to eject the CD. Sometimes it won't close. Was hoping someone might know what the problem is before I try any type of surgery on her. Thanks!!!

I've reset this Alpine a few times and it doesn't help. Other option is to sell the perfect face plate and call it good.
You can message me on how to fix it ....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.