Alpine 30wx2 amp pushing two eclispe 12

Participant count
  • Participant list

danielwhitlock3

ok so I put a new audio system in my 2010 nissan versa and I had an old alpine 30wx2 amp lying around so that is what I connected to my subs this seems weird cause its so small but it actually works my subs shake everything in my car the mirrors even vibrate so hard you can't see anything in them I have a factory radio cf17y so I put a generic line output converter in it as well can someone explain to me why this amp is pushing two subs that should eat its breakfast without any help I never would ha e thought it ahould push them this hard

You said old Alpine amp. If its from the 90s, I would believe it. I had an Audison from the 90s 2 x 45 w that ran 2 subs and front end with punch. Big amps little numbers in those days especially when u loaded them up. They got hot but kept pumping out the watts. Then there was the Orion 1 watt concept. The reason for this was the sound off rules. They were categorized by wattage so manufacturers were producing under rated amps before going the other way for a while. It would be interesting to see which model it is if you can provide us with the details?

I, too, have an old school Alpine 30w X 2 amp (3547). It's good to run component speakers/tweeters. As for pushing subs shaking the car, I highly doubt it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.