All speakers cuting out randomly.

snakey5138999
10+ year member

Earlier this year I installed my Clarion VX409 Touchscreen and all was well. A month or so ago though, as I was listening to my music (With my iPod attachment), the sound cut out. While the stereo still showed my iPod song playing, there was no sound. I would switch it to FM Radio, and still, no sound.

It would come back after either a few seconds, or a few minutes. It happened for a few days, and I figured something was up, but then it hadn't done it since.

Then, earlier this week, it did it again. Basically, I got in my car, turned it on, song plays for 3-4 seconds then BAM!, no sound. This time, I didn't have any sound all the way home from work (10 minutes roughly)

So, me and my friend thought maybe a wire was touching from the rear speakers (I put in Boston Acoustics last fall) and grounding out; though, I was doubtful considering it would cut out just sitting in the parking lot.

Annddd, so, we took apart the rear side panels, looked at the wiring and all looked well. I thought maybe the stereo was pinching some wires or something as well (Because it was a tight fit to push it back far enough), so we took it out, checked everything over and all was well, no wires showing...etc

Thought maybe, just maybe that did. It was good for 2 days, till today. This morning on the way to work, it cut out, all the way to work.

As I left work, I turned the car on, song started playing for a few seconds, and no sound.

Since then, I have driven the car for about 30 minutes total and the sound has yet to come back!

The built in sound on the stereo works (Beeps when you press buttons..etc), but, no sound from speakers aka No Music.

so you dont have an amp im assuming else you wouldve mentioned....sometimes those ipod cables fault out just like cell phone car chargers.....maybe try finding a friend or someone who has one of those cables and swap 'em out....

so you dont have an amp im assuming else you wouldve mentioned....sometimes those ipod cables fault out just like cell phone car chargers.....maybe try finding a friend or someone who has one of those cables and swap 'em out....

If it was the cable though, would it stop the FM Radio from playing audio too? I too thought maybe it was with the iPod, so I disconnected it .. turned off the car, turned it back on (on FM Radio) and still there was no sound.

The odd part was, a few hours later I go back into my car to drive over a friends house and the audio comes right back. It keeps doing this, and I just don't understand!

If it was the cable though, would it stop the FM Radio from playing audio too? I too thought maybe it was with the iPod, so I disconnected it .. turned off the car, turned it back on (on FM Radio) and still there was no sound.

The odd part was, a few hours later I go back into my car to drive over a friends house and the audio comes right back. It keeps doing this, and I just don't understand!
It's the head unit. Make sure your red and yellow wires are connected well(obviously not to each other, but these are what power the unit so, they have to be connected to the wires they correspond with in the harness). Swap out fuses for your radio with new ones. Then make sure your black wire goes straight to ground and not just to your harness. If it still cuts out, you have either wired your speakers at too low of an impedence for your hu to handle, or the amp in your hu just just going out and you need to have it repaired or get a new hu.

I had a clarion hu that did the same thing, i took it apart, and I found a broken solder joint, i soldered it back up, ind it was good for like another 2 years, until it completely quit working, my buddy also had a similar problem with a dual radio, it turned out that it had a bad ground, and was some how grounding out through the antenna (don't ask) in his case, when he turned it up, it would cut out, it would also randomly do it for a few seconds here and there, so check your power/ground wires

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.