All four car speakers stopped working, but my subwoofer still works.

Participant count
  • Participant list

mmcdo26

I am currently driving a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. I drove my car for about two hours today with no problems whatsoever. Once I got in the car to head out for a quick errand tonight, I found that all four of my speakers were not working, but my subwoofer was hitting. I have a 10 inch Diamond D3 in the trunk. I am unsure if the speakers are aftermarket or stock, but I do know I had a Pioneer FX-X730BS installed about half a year ago. All of the features of my head unit still work, I can alter sound settings, change the input from radio to bluetooth to USB, and I am sure all four speakers are simply not working because when I turn off the subwoofer through my head unit, the there is not a peep from the system. I do know when I started the car, I heard a subtle pop from the speakers. I tried restarting the car, I tried altering settings, I did a reset on the head unit as well. I am thinking this is an amp or fuse issue, but I have not been able to find a factory amplifier in this car online. This is not the Monsoon stereo system that come in some Grand Prix's. Any advice on where to start outside of checking my fusebox in the morning would be greatly appreciated. I am also not very hands on in terms of audio systems, so as detailed as possible would be best as electrical work tends to be my weak subject. Thanks!

I am currently driving a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix. I drove my car for about two hours today with no problems whatsoever. Once I got in the car to head out for a quick errand tonight, I found that all four of my speakers were not working, but my subwoofer was hitting. I have a 10 inch Diamond D3 in the trunk. I am unsure if the speakers are aftermarket or stock, but I do know I had a Pioneer FX-X730BS installed about half a year ago. All of the features of my head unit still work, I can alter sound settings, change the input from radio to bluetooth to USB, and I am sure all four speakers are simply not working because when I turn off the subwoofer through my head unit, the there is not a peep from the system. I do know when I started the car, I heard a subtle pop from the speakers. I tried restarting the car, I tried altering settings, I did a reset on the head unit as well. I am thinking this is an amp or fuse issue, but I have not been able to find a factory amplifier in this car online. This is not the Monsoon stereo system that come in some Grand Prix's. Any advice on where to start outside of checking my fusebox in the morning would be greatly appreciated. I am also not very hands on in terms of audio systems, so as detailed as possible would be best as electrical work tends to be my weak subject. Thanks!
if it's not the monsoon stereo then your head unit is the only amp man (you'll never guess what i drive lol) factory amp loaction is in trunk rear deck if no square amp under the rear window then speakers are on the hu and it may have fried or have a short/ground on a wire u need to pull the hu (unless your amp the sub runs on also powers the other speakers too, is it a 4-5 channel or mono? or someone hid an amp somewhere else speakers are powered buy the hu)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mmcdo26

mmcdo26
Jacksonville
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BOOMINGRANDPA