All cheap amps garbage?

Yeah car sound isn't as big over here and there's nowhere you can go where you can hear different setups in the shops(that I know of at least). I have a BMW 335i coupe so the boot space is limited. I've always had sealed enclosures but want to try out a ported enclosure. They are typically too big to fit in the back of my car especially with two subs so I'm looking for a suitable solution. The prefabbed boxes and subs from JL and Kicker etc. will just about go in but I'm not sure how well they will perform against a custom enclosure. So I guess I'll have to make the best out of a bad situation.
they will do fine if you listen to rock, pop or trance type of musics that doenst really get low along with settling for so so output, would still be decently louder than sealed but there's always room for more. For rap and stuff that goes really low and deep, you'd want a custom enclosure. For maximum efficiency and output, you'd want a custom enclosure. However custom enclosures will be at least 1.5x to 2x bigger than those prefab boxes.

Just shows you how easily you can be influenced. The guy said he's been in the car audio business for decades bla bla bla. He wasn't pushing his own products to be fair and he recommended the JL CP212 subs for the Pioneer if I decided to keep it. Maybe he's just a rich snob that only has the best of the best!
If he wanted best of the best, JL wouldn't be in his mouth. There's other SQ brands that completely destroy JL. For loudness there's plenty of brands that outright spank JL. However most brick and mortar shops that just do it for the money only know and live by JL and blind to the rest of the world of car audio.

I am running all Rockford punch and power series and I have nice clear sound. Had no issues. However i am only getting 2350 watts rms because i don't care about spl just sq

Lots of cheap amps are cookie cutter thrown together stuff like the Vizio tv's. They don't have to pay salaries and benefits to real in house engineers like companies such as RF, JL and Alpine do. 

Pioneer amps lack subsonic filters. Other than that they are good for the money. Will they last as long? Who knows. 

The 9701 replaced the 9601. Not sure what changes besides cosmetics. 

My family were Pioneer dealers from the 70's through the 90's . There amps never did impress me back then . They had twice the rated distortion of other amps and were expensive . In the 80's I would take a Sanyo PA6100 over pioneer any day of the week . I look at some of the stuff now they make and I am impressed . Havent tried anything in years but the specs and reviews look really good . I dont think Crutchfield carries junk and if these amps were they wouldnt sell them . Check out the reviews for yourself . One thing I would never do in sales is knock a competitors product just to sell mine . Thats a big turn off in my book . https://www.crutchfield.com/S-7tyDgiRq2WT/p_130GMD9601/Pioneer-GM-D9601.html

Almost a 2 year old thread...

grumpy.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.