Aiwa or Sony?

slipknotic88

Was wondering what one would choose when making a decision between these 2 CD players. Only reason I'd pick up the AIWA one would be because of the double-tone illumination, the AUX IN, and the removable face plate. Otherwise, I would pick up the SONY. Anybody else have any suggestions to help me pick between the 2!? I am willing to pay no more than 150.

Code:
AIWA CDC-X217 -- 150 Bucks
Code:
SONY CDX-L300 -- 130 Bucks
Code:
In-Dash KIT ('97 Monte Carlo) -- 10 Bucks
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

I can't really gaurantee which one is better but if you want my opinion i would go with the Aiwa. Aiwa is not real known in car audio but boy do they put out some bad ass shelf systems. Better thatn sony could ever put out.

Aiwa is made by Sony like the last person said. In my opinion, the Aiwa will have more options for less than the Sony would cost. I put a cheap $130 (retail) Aiwa deck in my girlfriends car and it sounds great even with stock speakers. My only concern comes from my experience with Aiwa home products. I had a dual tape deck and a portable tape player made by Aiwa. Both wore out beyond affordable repair within 2 years. That left a bad impression with me in Aiwa products, but so far I haven't heard anything bad about their car products.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.