Air Leaks

Participant count
  • Participant list
with the volume cranked up a fair amount and the bass boomin' feel around the box as well as the subs gasket to see if you feel air leaking out. all of the boxes internal joints should have been sealed with silicone to prevent air leaks. is your box carpeted or just bare wood? do you have a gasket between the sub and the box? is the sub securely fastened to the box? what size sub do you have and how big is the box? what is the box made out of? is it a sealed or ported box? lots of questions but just trying to help.

I just whipped it up quickly to see what the sub would sound like in that size of enclosure, so it's 5/8" MDF, uncarpeted. I sealed all around the edges, but I think a couple of the corners might be leaking. Would that cause a rattling, though? Or is my box just not strong enough and it's just rattling apart. It's a 2.2 cu. ft. ported for a Pyramid Power 10". I tryed it sealed before I put the port in and it did the same thing, so it doesn't have to do with the port, I don't think. Is the box maybe too big? I don't have a gasket between the sub and the box, but I did silicone around the sub so that part is pretty much airtight.

Air leaks don't cause a rattle. You hafta identify where the rattle is comming from and address it. One way to isolate the cause is take the box out of the car and use some long speaker wires to the amp. If the box rattles you'll hear it. If the rattle goes away it's something in the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.