Air flow/Air Pressure

Participant count
  • Participant list

rock2593
10+ year member

View attachment 26536841

Right now i have two rear facing 10's in a ported box in the trunk of my sedan. Would it make sense, or even be worth it, to cut one or two 10 in. port (air) holes on my rear deck near the top brake light inside my cabin behind my back seats into my trunk that would allow the air that is being trapped in my trunk to pass through into the cabin? cover the holes with some grille/speaker covers?

i know people always say opening the ski port helps, so i was curious if this could be an alternative option...

would this be affective at all/ help reduce trunk rattles/ help air flow/ help air pressure/ create a more clean sounding bass??

imo, not worth it to cut into the rear deck of that nice car, could screw up any resale...unless you plan for a new box and run the ports directly into rear deck. I understand why you want to do it, in my civic my current solution is to drop the rear seat down when there isnt a car seat in the way. i've also seen boxes built so the port fires through the ski hole..

imo, not worth it to cut into the rear deck of that nice car, could screw up any resale...unless you plan for a new box and run the ports directly into rear deck. I understand why you want to do it, in my civic my current solution is to drop the rear seat down when there isnt a car seat in the way. i've also seen boxes built so the port fires through the ski hole..
Yeah now that i think about it i agree that i shouldn't cut up the rear deck. other than leaving the ski port open, are there any other options i can do? my rear seats dont fold down

I keep my rear seats folded down generally and it helps a lot. I might remove my 6.5 coaxial rear speakers and see how that works as putting the seat down/up gets old after a while.

is it really that much of a difference facing your subs into the cabin?
im not sure how it would work with the ski hole open if subs were facing cabin but i assume it would act as a port into the cabin. personally when i had my sub facing the cabin with seats down it was "louder" but didnt produce the lower notes, guessing it has something to do with loading/unloading of the box and all around air pressure but this wouldnt be the case with your car since seats dont fold down.. cant hurt to try moving the box around with ski hole open to see if it makes a diff.

I cut about a 3x3 hole in the rear deck of my eldorado because trunk was sealed off from the car. Made a huge difference in air flow. But yeah with resale value in mind I wouldn't do it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.