Afraid I may have limited my options with what I've already installed

Participant count
  • Participant list

kfinn360

Me: New to car audio and afraid I may have limited my options with the parts I've already installed.

Goal: To have a decent setup that sounds better than factory w/o breaking the bank or rattling every window within 1/2mi radius.

What I've got

• Car: 2002 Mazda Protege Sedan (6X9s in rear deck, nothing in rear doors)
  • HU: Kenwood DPX500BT
  • Front: Memphis 15-PR572V2 (2 way coaxial 5X7s 40RMS/80Peak)
  • Back: borderline blown factory 6X9s in rear deck that need to be replaced
  • No amp or sub yet

Tentative Plan: I'd love to get decent (not amazing) bass out of a good pair of 6X9s in the rear deck powered by an amp instead of doing a sub in the trunk. I'm looking at the Alpine SPR-69 to accomplish this. However, my dilemma is that the front speakers are 40RMS/80Peak while the rear would be 100RMS/300Peak. What amp configuration would power both sets of speakers so the 6X9s produce good bass and the front 5X7s don't get blown or drowned out? I realize in retrospect I probably shouldn't have gone with coaxial in the front and am not sure what to do w/this setup. Advice is much appreciated!

If the two sets of speakers were close to the same RMS I'd get the 4 channel for sure. My problem is a 50W would be ideal for the front while 100W would be best for the back. Should I do two separate 2 channel amps? Even if it did that, would the rear speakers with twice as much power drown out the front unless I turned the fade away from it? Sorry if I'm asking noob questions. Just trying to wrap my head around this subject many of you seem to know so well.

you can get an amp that does the same power all around ,just turn the gains down n the fronts ,also the front will seem to be louder because they are closer to your ears than the rears .but like i said some 6x9 subs for the rears would be ideal .any on the vendors can help you with picking a set ,but a budget will be needed to recommend and speakers .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.