Aero's vs slot port?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
going to do a 30 wide by 18 deep by 16.5 high double baffled box build. (3.5 cubes tuned to 27 hertz) sub and port forward. I've been talking to RAM and he says 2 3" aeros would fit but nothing bigger. so would i be better off doing a slot port and doing a 45 degree turn at the back cuz idk if i can make a curve. also i have some triangular metal pieces of support in my trunk that would be about 7 inches in front of the box and would be cover approximately the bottom 1/3 of the slot port (7 inches in front of it). so which would i be better off doing? 2 3" aeros or the slot port. and will the metal bracing that close effect it? and ik the circle port creates less air / sound pockets/ build up, but will i still get as much air movement in the car with both types of ports?

Thanks.

going to do a 30 wide by 18 deep by 16.5 high double baffled box build. (3.5 cubes tuned to 27 hertz) sub and port forward. I've been talking to RAM and he says 2 3" aeros would fit but nothing bigger. so would i be better off doing a slot port and doing a 45 degree turn at the back cuz idk if i can make a curve. also i have some triangular metal pieces of support in my trunk that would be about 7 inches in front of the box and would be cover approximately the bottom 1/3 of the slot port (7 inches in front of it). so which would i be better off doing? 2 3" aeros or the slot port. and will the metal bracing that close effect it? and ik the circle port creates less air / sound pockets/ build up, but will i still get as much air movement in the car with both types of ports?
Thanks.
Aeros are more efficient. I would not tune that low. The lower you tune the more port area you need. Something has to give in your design. Tuning that low is a waste anyways.

my car bumps my tuning up about 5 hertz so it'll be around 32 after that. so that would be perfect for my sub. because my current box is tuned at 34.7 and I'm getting loudest on 40 hert burps.

my car bumps my tuning up about 5 hertz so it'll be around 32 after that. so that would be perfect for my sub. because my current box is tuned at 34.7 and I'm getting loudest on 40 hert burps.
LOL. Tuning/peak freq are different things. If you're worried about burps you should not be using 2 3" aeros.

well I'm not so worried by doing burps. but it would actually be nice to get loud on some low notes. and ik my oa 15 can get down. so maybe just tun it at 32 or 31?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.