Aeroport Area for 2 E10's @ 32hz

Participant count
  • Participant list

EpicMango
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Colorado
My system is going to be an RF1200D powering 2 D4 Sundown E10v3's when they come out in 2 cubes. I want to tune to 32hz and I just wanted to know exactly how much port area should I get.

I'm getting recommendations that around 10sq is going to be enough, but I just want to be sure. I've been reading that around half of what a slot port area is where I want to be and that number is 16, so I'm wondering if 10 is going to be sufficient or not as that is a 4 inch diameter 14 inch long aeroport.

Just want to be sure, I really want to be able to play the lows really well.

My system is going to be an RF1200D powering 2 D4 Sundown E10v3's when they come out in 2 cubes. I want to tune to 32hz and I just wanted to know exactly how much port area should I get.
I'm getting recommendations that around 10sq is going to be enough, but I just want to be sure. I've been reading that around half of what a slot port area is where I want to be and that number is 16, so I'm wondering if 10 is going to be sufficient or not as that is a 4 inch diameter 14 inch long aeroport.

Just want to be sure, I really want to be able to play the lows really well.
a 4 inch diameter port is 12.56 sq inches. It should workout okay if you flare the ends.

Is it going to be okay if I put a bend in the aeroport? The box is going to be 11.5 inches deep but a flaired port needs to be 14.5 inches long so I gotta put a 90 bend in it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.