aero question

GiganticPrune
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
so i decided i gotta build a new box before it gets really cold, i plan to do aeros this time and vent through my ski hole.

sub - CD omega 15

plan to do 3.0 cubes @ 32, but what size aero should i do, size and length.

aaaand, would it be an awful idea to just use some pvc instead of paying $30+ for a flared aero?

Flared aeros are better than just PVC with no flares. A 6" aero would work, but for 3 cubes @ 32 hz you would have to make the aero about 21" long, which means you'd have to buy an extension.

okay. so bumping this thread. if i do (4) 4 inch aeros, how long should they be if im tuning to about 32hz?

edit: nevermind. found a calculator. answer is 16 inches if anyone was wondering

I'd just bump the box size up to 3.5ft^3 and use a full length 6"er to get the 32hz tuning...either that or do a slot port.
x2 i would do that. actually i would do that if you want to tune to 32hz myself id tune to like 37hz. should give you more overall output

i couldnt get access to 6 inch unless i wanted to buy a giant length of it, and i couldnt fit that in my car. but i did bump up the box size to 3.5
6" PSP Aeros on partsexpress and madisound //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And yes, I agree with a single 6" or 2 4" if all else fails. Hard to go wrong with PSP flared ports for ease of use.

so built the box. been using it for a few days. its at least 2x louder //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

now unfortunately im havin some huge voltage drops. 180 amp alt. yellow top under the hood (which is about 4 years old and lived a HARD life) and a kinetik 1800 in the trunk. running a sundown 3500. im not sure yet if theres a problem in my setup or i just dont have enough batteries...plus its also been like 19 degrees in chicago for the past few days. im sure that doesnt help

okay. so bumping this thread. if i do (4) 4 inch aeros, how long should they be if im tuning to about 32hz?
edit: nevermind. found a calculator. answer is 16 inches if anyone was wondering
With a 3ft^3 net volume box??? They'd have to be 42" long each for a 32hz tuning. 16" long each and you're right around 50hz for your tuning with four 4" aeros.

With a 3ft^3 net volume box??? They'red have to be 42" long each for a 32hz tuning. 16" long each and you're right around 50hz for your tuning with four 4" aeros.
whaa? no. 3.5^ft3, 2 4 inch aeros. about 16 inches long. i used psp's website to get those lengths. hits pretty **** low, so im pretty sure its not 50hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.