Aero Port position help

OP
M

Masted85

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 11, 2020
Alabama
Tuned 40 is basically a prefab tuning... it'll beat but not extend super low so it just depends on your definition of "get down".

My Fi BL tuned 40ish did great on rock, older rap and matched my cabin nice for good spl.
It’s going in an 06 Tahoe. There’s nothing I can do to get the tuning down?

hispls

CarAudio.com Veteran
10+ year member
Sep 10, 2009
Central Maine
So as the reply above states flush mount the end and have the entire port sticking up?
Port entirely outside the box is popular because it solves these box volume issues/contraints that you're finding here. It does take up more cargo space though and looks a little ugly.

40hz tuning should be fine if you like music that's played on musical instruments, you can always play with port length/diameter easy enough if you're going external and you want to audition different tunings.

OP
M

Masted85

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 11, 2020
Alabama
Port entirely outside the box is popular because it solves these box volume issues/contraints that you're finding here. It does take up more cargo space though and looks a little ugly.

40hz tuning should be fine if you like music that's played on musical instruments, you can always play with port length/diameter easy enough if you're going external and you want to audition different tunings.
I listen to all kinds of music, especially things with mucho bass. The box shouldn't take up any more horizontal space so that should be okay. That's to say the port going the same direction as sub movement.

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
I listen to all kinds of music, especially things with mucho bass. The box shouldn't take up any more horizontal space so that should be okay. That's to say the port going the same direction as sub movement.
In your 2ft3 net I'd say a 25"-30" 6" port should put you 35hz-32hz or so If a lower tuning is desirable.

All external in your case.

I'd guess inverting the sub would probably get you down to 23-28" maybe?

OP
M

Masted85

CarAudio.com Newbie
Sep 11, 2020
Alabama
In your 2ft3 net I'd say a 25"-30" 6" port should put you 35hz-32hz or so If a lower tuning is desirable.

All external in your case.

I'd guess inverting the sub would probably get you down to 23-28" maybe?
The volume of the box subtracting the Sub Displacement is 2.1737ft^3

• Haha
Reactions: shredder2

shredder2

CarAudio.com Elite
Nov 19, 2017
Az
The volume of the box subtracting the Sub Displacement is 2.1737ft^3
That .17 you think will make a difference... it will but not much. I'd say try a 24" length 1st and see which way you need to go to find your musical tuning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)