Aero port help, Sundown SA-8V2 build

memphis_vette
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Redding, CA
Looking to get my box done for when my SA-8v2 gets here. I'm looking to do .75 cube box tuned between 30-35hz using up to 870rms. It will be under the rear seat of my 08 silverado ext cab. What would be the best size aero? I was thinking of doing a 4 inch aero but it would have to be external. Any input or advice? Never used aero ports before. Thx

with a box that size you can get away with a 3" aero.
I was told that I might get port noise using a 3 inch aero, any insight? If I use a 3 inch then I may get away with using it as an internal aero rather than external ( which I would rather do since it would be cleaner), my plan is to get as loud as possible and sounding **** good doing it. I listen to a lot of rap and rock, what would be a good frequency? I was thinking either 32hz or 35hz

Yea im thinking .75 cube with a 4 inch aero at 32 hz. Does 41.17 inch length sound right for those specs. Would 32 hz or 35 hz be better for all around rock and rap?

I was goin to use a 3" aero in a .75cuft box tuned to 34hz. It was like 16 or 17in long.

Sub didn't fit, mounting depth issue, so I can't tell you how it sounded but in theory, it would've worked.

box size does play a role in port area, especially with small enclosures, there is only so much air to be shoved through them.

ive done some rather small ports with sa8's in the past and havent had any issues.

You do realize how long the port will need to be for lower tuning? Longer then anyone will want it to be for sure. A flared port has to be even longer do to the flares.

I would guess around 18-20 inches long for low tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.