aero------>slot?

Participant count
  • Participant list

mile098
10+ year member

ohhh noeeeesss
seeing how a slotport is pretty much a done deal im kinda hesitant to make one for the following concern__the figures im gonna use are examplatory and just so u get what im asking

lets say u have two aeroports in the same box- 100/300 mm and 75/200 mm and they make the exact same tunning but with the smaller one we have port noise...now i know how to calculate an aeroport into a slot one(or do I:crap:) but how do u determine the 'sides' on the slot port so it doesnt produce noise...the thing is im trying out various aeroports on my box till i find what suits me best then ima build a new box with a slot port...

thnx for the input anyone:veryhapp:

You calculate surface area, I'm not sure where the limit is on port noise or no port noise depending on box size. But I can tell you I'd go bigger than 3".

cant, look at my location, and i wanna do a slot one..no matter, thnx for your help anyways, ill do 3'' if theres still noise ill make a new one or do aero again...thnx

im trying out various aeroports on my box till i find what suits me best then ima build a new box with a slot port...
very important thing that noone has mentioned... for example...(all these numbers are made up and have NO signfigance)

if you find that you like the sound of 40in^2 aero port tuned at 35Hz...it is not gonna sound the same as a slot port @ 40in^2 at 35hz. a 40" aero will act closer to a 70-80" slot port, becase of the air an aero can flow. if you want to test diff ports you need to build a box w/ and interchangeable slot port...or just stick w/ aeros.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.