advice on honda civic speakers

jayroc2k
10+ year member

london
i have a 1996-1999 honda civfic 3-door hatchback. i went to a shop troday and was disapointed to find that the front speaker size is 6in.

i can cut the internal plactic to gain 7-8cm in dept as long as the magnet of the component has a width of 5in or less(no chance for alpine type r)

if u have a similar car pls let me know what you did.

i am comsidering Focal polyglass(a bit out of my budget), jl, or bouston acoustic components. anything with quality that is not to bright like the infinity cuz they make my ears bleed. that is a similar car model to mine

I use CDT components with the silk tweeters. Very clear tweeters that are soft on my sensitive ears.

Almost any speaker with silk (or other soft dome) tweeters instead of titanium (or other hard domes) tweeters, should be fine.

T.J.

I had no huge problems installing Alpine Type-x components, and those midranges are very big, i can't imagine the type-r's are any bigger. With a little work you can almost get anything in there.

I use JL Audio XR components, but they aren't mounted in the doors. You can

see the setup on my SD page(see my sig below).

i just saw the pictures of yoyu fiber glass, the speaker position seem to be death defying , doesen't it sount funny??

i am bidding for a focal kevlar, so i i win it i'll be verry happy, i realised that i can fit in most speakers up to 8cm deep by cutting the plastic ehind and making extra two hole to srew a 6.5" speaker.

i 'll lett u guys know of the out come

i aslo converted the back 6x9 speaker wit mdf and placed a 5.25" coacial speaker from cadance, sounds alot better, now the sub can concentrate on doing its subby duties without interferance from the 6x9

i just saw the pictures of yoyu fiber glass, the speaker position seem to be death defying , doesen't it sount funny??i am bidding for a focal kevlar, so i i win it i'll be verry happy, i realised that i can fit in most speakers up to 8cm deep by cutting the plastic ehind and making extra two hole to srew a 6.5" speaker.

i 'll lett u guys know of the out come

i aslo converted the back 6x9 speaker wit mdf and placed a 5.25" coacial speaker from cadance, sounds alot better, now the sub can concentrate on doing its subby duties without interferance from the 6x9

Who are you talking to? If me, then no, it certainly doesn't sound funny(why would I do it if it sounded funny). It has a nice high stage, and the speakers aren't in the way at all(like kick panels could be). I am very happy with the setup.

yo...how to improve componet...i use 15 ins wofer..god ****..so strong n **** loud..the mid component is low..i wanna ask..which mid range can support it..i use rockford 15 ince...hehehe...please advice me..i use hatchback car..honda civic eg..

i have a 12" sub and i replaced the back 6x9 rear speakers with 5.25 coaxial speakers mounted on cut out mdf wood.

i am currently waiting for a shipment of 6.5 focal kevlar components speakers, i'll let you know what modifications i did to mount them in the door. usually you just have to cut the plastic to allow mounting of speakers with bigger magnets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.