Advice needed re: Orion 2500D

Participant count
  • Participant list

cyber256
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Heres the situation, I'm currently running an Orion 2500D and 8004, the 8004 for my components, of course, and the 2500D to two 12" H2s. Also I'm running a carpc and 7" touchscreen instead of a conventional HU. Well the other day my box shifted in my trunk and pulled the wires to one side of the box out. I didn't know of this at the time because I didn't have my amps on (I have a switch on my amp on lead). Well next time I tried to turn on the amps it shut off the PC (

So I plug the wires back into the box and start everything up again. I turn on the amps and the PC shuts off on me again. I had a friend hold a multimeter to the + and - on the amp before turning on the ampon lead and it read ~14.4v then he said when I turned on the ampon lead that it dropped to ~6v. I disconnected the ampon lead to the 2500D only and the 8004 works just fine without the significant voltage drop.

So now I've removed my 2500D and its sitting here in my house and I'm thinking about taking it apart to see if I can find some internal fuses or something I could replace. My question is this, do amps typically have internal fuses if they don't have any external (the 2500D didn't) and either way is it possible I fried it? Thanks for any and all help.

well I took apart the amp and took some pictures

amp power side

amp middle

amp rca side

cap goo 1

cap goo 2

just a warning I took these with a 5mp camera and didn't resize them at all so detail could be seen but resulted in about 2276kB files

I didn't find any internal fuses but I did notice some "goo" that seemed to have leaked between the big caps and the board. I'm not sure if this is normal or if the caps have blew //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.