Adire koda>>>>>>>>>>>>>?

Participant count
  • Participant list

phoneman
10+ year member

i like pie
ok
I am interested in maybe getting an adire koda 6.1 component set and adding 2 more koda 6 midbass drivers with it and putting them in my door in a sealed fiberglass enclosure. Does anyone have any experience with the koda, If so are they a good component set and midbass and worth the money?, What I was planning to do is replace my door speakers with a 6.5 or 8 inch midbass. But I thought It might work out better if I put the koda 6.1 component in the door and add a koda 6 to it. Question is would I want to wire the 2nd driver parrallel to the component set before the crossover or wire it in parrallel to the compenent driver after the crossover? Do the drivers in the component set have the same impeadence as the drives bought by them selves?

I don't think you need two midbass units per side. Just try out the component system first, trust me on this one - I run them, I sell them all the time.

And no, you cannot wire the second driver in parallel in the crossover network, you'll skew the crossover point and the response.

You'll need a completely different amplifier channel to dedicate to each separate midbass.

I don't think you need two midbass units per side. Just try out the component system first, trust me on this one - I run them, I sell them all the time.
And no, you cannot wire the second driver in parallel in the crossover network, you'll skew the crossover point and the response.

You'll need a completely different amplifier channel to dedicate to each separate midbass.
So does the koda 6.1 sound very clear and does it have good midbass response?

So does the koda 6.1 sound very clear and does it have good midbass response?
Generally, yes ... depends on how you EQ them though. A friend and I installed them into his car and I really like how smooth they are.

I wasn't impressed with the midbass when I had them, but that's just me and I'm pretty picky, so take that comment like it means nothing.

- Steve

At first I was thinking about getting some Infinity Perfect 6.1, but I have been leaning twords the Koda 6.1.. ..I know that they arn't really alike, but which one is better for the money..?
The Koda's own the Perfect's ... I think Josh has ran the Perfect's before as well ... await his opinion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.