adding rear battery, ground to front batt or chassis?

HOw do you know if you have a good ground? say for instance you want to test out the ground from the rear and test the one at the front to see which one is better but how to tell the difference?

HOw do you know if you have a good ground? say for instance you want to test out the ground from the rear and test the one at the front to see which one is better but how to tell the difference?
the ohm setting on the DMM

lowest # wins

Could you run 1/0 from the sheet metal you ground to in trunks closest point out to the engine cage, as long as big three is done. Just to be cheap with the 1/0, or if you only have a few odd lengths.

Before installing the negative, after big three is done, I'd test the negative run at the neg bat and alternator (engine block). I'd test it while playing a test tone and see which one maintains higher voltage. Ohm test doesn't work to determine the best run. It doesn't take into account how the path will handle high amperage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.