Adding a system, in need of feedback

metal_head

I have a 2009 Supercrew F-150 I am about to put a system in and I have a few goals. First is budget. I am trying to keep it all around $750-1000. Basically, I listen to hard rock / metal, and clarity and quality is important. I want to feel the double bass drum when I crank it up, but also want to clearley hear the drums, bass guitar, etc. I'm going with a single amp system.

I'll have the stock head unit (want to keep the Sync) going to an Audison SRX3 feeding a 6.5" component. I'm undecided on the component, but I'm leaning towards a Focal 165 VR, or the Image Dynamics CTX65CS. For the sub, I'm going with a single 10" JL W3 DVC down firing under the rear seat. I had that same sub in a extended cab GMC and it was good for the money.

Any recomendations?

Any ideas?

Any feedback?

I had the W3 before in an Extended cab GMC and it was pretty nice. I had an Audion LRX 5.600 running it. That's why I'm looking at JL. I'll take a look at some Image Dynamic subs. I just don't want boom. I want accurate tight bass that, at the right times, I can feel. Kind of like being in a pit at a heavy metal show and feeling the double bass drum in my chest.

jl is such overpriced crap. go with something else. why not id subs
Ignorant.

I had the W3 before in an Extended cab GMC and it was pretty nice. I had an Audion LRX 5.600 running it. That's why I'm looking at JL. I'll take a look at some Image Dynamic subs. I just don't want boom. I want accurate tight bass that, at the right times, I can feel. Kind of like being in a pit at a heavy metal show and feeling the double bass drum in my chest.
Honestly, a lot of subs fit that bill if put into a properly built enclosure. However ID will also be a very nice choice for you.

jl is such overpriced crap. go with something else. why not id subs
Overpriced, maybe. Crap, no.

OP, Hertz equipment may also interest you.

There are many options, but what you have listed will work satisfactorily.

Also for EQ, shop around. It'd be nice to have the freedom and control.

I can't comment on the components but I have a IDQ12v2 that I like alot. It doesn't get crazy loud. It definity has some punch to it though and is very clean. It keeps up with bullet for my valentine and Kill switch engage's drums. It doesn't require much air space. I think my box is .75 ft3. they are only rated to 300w but can a take more if it is given. I have 600rms to mine (the gain is turned down). Most of the reviews I have read on them compare the to the JL W6's but slightly more SQ bias. I haven't heard the v3's I decided to go with the older model because I like the metal basket. check out woofersetc.com they have pretty good prices on them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.