Adding a second battery??

Participant count
  • Participant list

18lexusowner
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have never tried this before so I'm lookin for some advice. Tried to search for any info on it but couldn't find a thing.

What I'm trying to do is add a second battery into my trunk so that when my bass hits it will put less strain on my alt.

I got the battery and i'm wondering how you wire it into your system so that it stays charged and acts kinda like a cap.

My guess is that you put the power wire on the posi, then run the negi to a ground and run a power wire off the posi to your amp.

Corrections? Links to info?

Thanks in advance guys!!

"""So the number one question I read here on the forums is "how do I wire my second battery"."""

The guy's smart.

Thanks rocky for that link, exactly what i was lookin for!

Edit: ****in a, nothings cheap. It'd cost me at least 300$ just to setup a dual battery setup. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.