add rear deck speakers with sub in trunk...

Participant count
  • Participant list

hondarider
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ok so right now my stock rear speakers are removed and the holes are acting as ports in the rear deck for the sub upfiring beneath it. I had the idea to add a pair of 6x9s with an amp for the rear with a toggle switch to turn them on and off for when people are riding in back or if i want it really loud without regard to sound quality. I was wondering if the speakers would work very well with all the pressure on the back of the cone from the sub?

Ok so right now my stock rear speakers are removed and the holes are acting as ports in the rear deck for the sub upfiring beneath it. I had the idea to add a pair of 6x9s with an amp for the rear with a toggle switch to turn them on and off for when people are riding in back or if i want it really loud without regard to sound quality. I was wondering if the speakers would work very well with all the pressure on the back of the cone from the sub?
no, put them in an enclosure if running alot of powerzzz

And what ever speakers you get will be designed to run IB, so they would require a rather large enclosure to not destroy their low-end output. My suggestion is leave the rear deck speakers out.

And what ever speakers you get will be designed to run IB, so they would require a rather large enclosure to not destroy their low-end output. My suggestion is leave the rear deck speakers out.
Times two.

Your fronts should be loud enough to fill the whole car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.