Acura TSX - Sinfoni | Quartorigo system build by Sonus Car Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

SQ_MDX

I initially posted this build log on a different forum but though the forum members here might enjoy seeing it in its entirety from start to completion. ..

The good people at Sonus Car Audio in Clarksville, TN picked up my car at the beginning of October to begin working on it. The quality of work that Sonus puts out the door is just staggering... truly World class...

The installation will be comprised of the following:

* OEM Acura source

* Helix DSP Pro w/Director

* Sinfoni Prestigio on Grandioso CF25T Tweeters

* Sinfoni Prodigio on Grandioso CF165W Midbass'

* Sinfoni Grave on two (2) C250.2 10" subwoofers

* All wiring is Straight Wire: Rhapsody interconnects - PFA 4x18awg for the tweeters - TPR Hybrid 4/15awg for the midbasses - Quartet – 4 x 14 awg for the subwoofers.

The installation must take SQ first and foremost in regards to speaker placement and should have the ability to be completely hidden from prying eyes... as this is my daily driver... but when cover panels are removed... the amazing Sinfoni equipment should be showcased... Hopefully best of both worlds...

The above are the only restrictions... everything below the cover panels... Sonus has full artistic license....

So, Here we go....!!!

you make it sound like Micah and Ray know how to install or something
I think they know a thing or two about fabrication.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suave.gif.858fc102f7646e678ee8af7e1fbc41d1.gif

For those who might not be familiar with Sonus Car Audio... here's a few photos of their shop...

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's start here:

Subwoofer enclosure from start to completion...

The enclosure is sealed at 0.9ft3 per subwoofer of internal air space.

Continued in the next post.....

The amplifier rack is made up of multiple layers....

The first is the base formed from steel square stock that was welded into shape then primed and painted. This base is bolted down to the OEM spare tire mounting points to ensure maximum stability.

The next layer is the amplifier tray... this tray is where the two La Prima amplifiers make their home. Living between the amplifiers is a custom milled lexan grommet that has been coated to match the Prodigio rubbed bronze color and texture.

The next layer will be the top of the amplifier rack that provides the floor of the trunk. It is actually comprised of multiple layers itself...

1. The foundation which forms the structural portion.
  2. The amplifier cover panel... makes it pretty.
  3. Finally the protective cover.

To be continued in next post....

Amplifier Rack Continued....

Here's a little trim piece for over the amplifiers...

And all completed....

The subwoofer amplifier, a Sinfoni Grave, and the Helix DSP Pro were mounted out of sight above the subwoofer enclosure...

Coming up next... The trunk panel build out....

The trunk fabrication proved to be very interesting and VERY well thought out...

I'll let the photos speak for themselves...

Placing the stringer guides for the panels...

Adding filler as well as creating the shape for the breaks in the panels...

Close-up shot of each side panel.... Each side weighs in at over 30lbs....!

... Continued in next post ...

Being test fit after wrapping... the bottom is black carpet, the top it black matched vinyl....

Here's the trim that covers up the bottom of the rear deck from view...

Testing the fit....

The last portion needed to complete the trunk is the section around the trunk latch... The OEM piece was sanded... a break line was created and black carpet was applied to the bottom while the same black vinyl was applied to the top...

Here'd the trunk all completed with the new trunk light on....

... Coming up next... A-Pillar pods for the Tweeters...

When discussing the install with Micah and Ray at Sonus Car Audio back in June, we initially looked at creating a Dash Span Panel since at that time I was planning to use the Sinfoni T25T tweeters... a MUCH smaller tweeter than the Grandioso CF25T.

Once it was decided I was going to use the Grandioso set, plans changed a bit... and it was decided to use A-Pillars to get them to project as much direct sound as possible...

Here's how they did it:

In the car... getting the angles down using laser pointers...

Now the glassing begins...

Now wiring them up using Straight Wire product....

Completed photos in next post....

... Completed Tweeter A-Pillars...

Completed and wrapped in OEM matching fabric...

The Sonus Team came up with some options on grills...

The first is intended to show off the product and offer an unobstructed area for SQ tuning. The second is for daily driving and will cover the tweeters completely from prying eyes...

...Coming next, One of the most impressive Door Fabrications I've seen....

The doors that Sonus came up with just might be my favor part of the install... If you didn't have an Acura TSX... you might not even know they were modified with the grills in place...

Exactly what I had asked for !

Here's the how they started... and how they turned out....

Post-OP.....

Testing space to work with....

Full on fabrication....

... Continued in next post...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.