Local Radio Station DDemo vehicle build (100.1 The BEAT, Monroe, La)

Canaan
10+ year member

Beatin' the block down
So, awhile back the guys from 100.1 The BEAT (Monroe, La) got ahold of the shop wanting the revamp their "remote broadcast" vehicle. Well, when they dropped it by the shop, it was a wreck. Another local shop had originally built the system in the Ford SUV...and it was HORRIBLE.

It was a rear-hatch-facing wall w/ 4 Hifonics 15's and a bunch of Hifonics 6x9's, so they could pop the rear hatch and play music "on-location" for remote broadcasts. Dear god the build was horrible.

^^^^pics of "wall" interior.

Apparently, the shop built the wall to big and had to chop the top corners to make in fit in back of the SUV....and add ALOT of silicone. (This shop has since gone out of business for obvious reasons)

They used a rear wet-cell batt w/ no mounting box, it ended up falling over and shorting out, and killed the stock alt....not to mention leaking acid and eating up the carpet on the 3rd-row seats (they built the wall over the 3rd row by just folding it down).

We had a limited budget to salvage the vehicle. Removed the folded down 3rd row (that was eat up w/ acid) and used the existing seat mount bolts to mount a new sub box.

We then re-carpeted the back half of the SUV w/ black carpet and built red-vinyl trim panels.

We reused the radio station's old Hifonics BXi2008d and US-Acoustics amps, but hid them under a trim panel between the box and 2nd row seat...along w/ a G34 X2-Power Batt (NorthStar).

Used the BXi2008d for the 2 DD RedLine 715's, used the 2ch US-Acoustics to drive 2 DD B2 and VO-8's in the rear hatch.

I will post more pics later.

It's great to see the Louisiana boys in the build thread. I've been lurking the site for years but just starting into a new project and my first wall build. I'm in Alexandria, soon to be traveling to South LA quite often, but spent a lot of time in Monroe so the thread got my attention. This is a beautiful build.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.