Actual Zapco power

i'm looking at some zapco amps to replace my vr1000d (i don't know why i wanna replace this thing). i'm mainly looking at the reference series amps. i need to know the actual tested power for the ref750 at 4 ohm bridged mono. it's rated at 750w rms. i need to know, cuz i really don't want to be under 1kw rms for my 12" hc. cuz i want some high end amps to power my speakers. i'm prolly gonna go with the same company, which ever company i go with, just for the sake of matching amps. i read on some thread here that the zapco amps will put out like double the rated power... just wondering if that's true, if it is, i'm goin zapco prolly.

some recommendations for good amps would be nice too. i'm looking at tru tech, arc, us amps, zapco, dls, brax, helix, and clarion is supposed to be good too... i donno, i don't trust their quality from past experiences.

I don't like you :p J/K.

I have never bench tested an amp but I'll tell you what.

I have a zapco ag 350. I am running one channel at 1 ohm, it is only stable to 2, and the other at 2 ohms. Probably a bad idea but whatever. The one channel is powering 2 6x9's and the other channel is powering a RE HC 15 because my other amp broke.

It sounds better than when I had 450 RMS for EACH of my RE HC15's it's not as loud but not too far off.

I would guess that I would be getting about 175-225 RMS to that single HC at 1 ohm.

I would not hesitate putting an AG750 or Reference750 (same thing) on a single HC. It should sound great.

I am secretely in love with Zapco, but please don't tell my g/f //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Well, the 750 has the same power supply as the 1100m. It's probably not quite 1000 watts but probably pretty darn close. All of the amps come with birth sheets so you could probably check that out.

My AG series amps didn't have a birth sheet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I was even told when I bought them that they woudl have one personally signed by a Zapco person. I guess I got shafted.

good stuff, thanks guys.

now i'm pretty much looking at the ref1100m. i'm hoping to get over 1kw at 4 ohm mono. it's rated at 800 at 4 ohm mono. i think i have a better chance to get a kw with that. what does everyone else think? will that break the 1kw i want?

Isn't that amp putting out max RMS power at 2 ohms though? If so, I'd save the money and just get the 750. I'm sure it will have everything that HC needs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

If it makes max power at 4 ohms, then my bad, go with it I guess. Either way, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Just remember that they aren't class D amps, so they won't be as efficient and they are Zapco so they won't be as cheap as other amps either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Good luck,

Craig G

Isn't that amp putting out max RMS power at 2 ohms though? If so, I'd save the money and just get the 750. I'm sure it will have everything that HC needs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.
If it makes max power at 4 ohms, then my bad, go with it I guess. Either way, I doubt you will be disappointed.

Just remember that they aren't class D amps, so they won't be as efficient and they are Zapco so they won't be as cheap as other amps either //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Good luck,

Craig G

yeah the 1100m makes some good power at 4 ohm. it's rated at 850 or something like that at that impedance. so i'm sure that it's quite underrated... some people on the forums were talking about how they've seen c2k9.0s doing 4kw.... and that's rated at 2.2kw... so i was just thinking... the 9.0s can do that kinda stuff, then why not the ref1100m. i understand the topography might be a little different and there might be different materials involved, but it's a possibility right?

yeah, i'm aware that they are not class d amps... that's why i'm gonna start with just a 4 channel for now until i get a nicer/bigger alternator to power a 1100m AND a 4 channel zapco ref amp.

yeah they are expensive, but lets just say i see the value in them and am willing to pay.

yeah the 1100m makes some good power at 4 ohm. it's rated at 850 or something like that at that impedance. so i'm sure that it's quite underrated... some people on the forums were talking about how they've seen c2k9.0s doing 4kw.... and that's rated at 2.2kw... so i was just thinking... the 9.0s can do that kinda stuff, then why not the ref1100m. i understand the topography might be a little different and there might be different materials involved, but it's a possibility right?
yeah, i'm aware that they are not class d amps... that's why i'm gonna start with just a 4 channel for now until i get a nicer/bigger alternator to power a 1100m AND a 4 channel zapco ref amp.

yeah they are expensive, but lets just say i see the value in them and am willing to pay.
That was me... The 9.0 has been known to do over 3kw EASY.. it has been proven THE best STREET amp over and over again by db drag users. Most of them will agree that with 1 batt and stock alt the 9.0 exceeds all other amps for street bumpin.

some recommendations for good amps would be nice too. i'm looking at tru tech, arc, us amps, zapco, dls, brax, helix, and clarion is supposed to be good too... i donno, i don't trust their quality from past experiences.
Tru-that SH-1(the big 4kw or whatever..) puts out 2500 watts... Dont believe me>? I've seen bench tests. You may not like it but thats the truth. Arc-good amps. US Amps- CURRENT *****S in comps, but **** good amps, **** good. So much power from these, only bad for your electrical if your constantly bumpin it at full tilt, dls? brax and helix are also some good amps. Clarion... I dunno.

Well, the 750 has the same power supply as the 1100m. It's probably not quite 1000 watts but probably pretty darn close. All of the amps come with birth sheets so you could probably check that out.
Not all amps come w/ birthsheets. Im pretty sure Zapco dont...

A 9.0 w/ a 220amp alt and a stinger 1700 or even an Oddessy 1700, would decimate all who came into contact with it for street class.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.