Active capable 4 channel!!

active means you no longer need the crossovers that comp sets include you would use the crossovers on the amp to do that job. Well its more in the headunit but the low pass high pass and if available * not on most* a bandpass filter most dont have them but instead have high and low a band pass is a combination of hi and low basically that cuts frequency above and below the given range

more easily achieved with an active headunit that is capable of high and low pass crossovers and the abilty to split signal to High range(tweeter) mid range(mids and midbass) and low range(subwoofer or other woofers)

more easily achieved with an active headunit that is capable of high and low pass crossovers and the abilty to split signal to High range(tweeter) mid range(mids and midbass) and low range(subwoofer or other woofers)
Knows his stuff...

Look for a Arc Audio KS 300.4 amp. You can run fully active & it has a 10x multiplier.. Will do 90x4 @ 4ohms (13.8v) , designed by Zeff (Zapco), Class G/H over 70%+ efficient, great amp!!

Look for a Arc Audio KS 300.4 amp. You can run fully active & it has a 10x multiplier.. Will do 90x4 @ 4ohms (13.8v) , designed by Zeff (Zapco), Class G/H over 70%+ efficient, great amp!!
To far above budget 350+ for one is a tad to much. The 100.4 has my attention since I will be running all channels at 2ohm anyways and

160x4@2 should get my FS loud.

The KS 300.4 will do 175wrms x 4 at 2ohm. you can buy them used for a lot cheaper & they are very reliable amps... I see that you already PM'd somebody...

Be sure to read a independant review from a professional...

Here:

http://www.arcaudio.com/productpics/ArcReviews/productreviews/archives/PAS-9.10-Arc300.4-testreport.pdf

KS 300.4 DESCRIPTION

Advanced microprocessor control system

Non digital class H switching design

Code based flashing diagnostics

Designed By Robert Zeff

Protection against: Reverse voltage, Over Voltage, Speaker Short, and Thermal Overload

Can drive highly reactive loads

Hi/Low Level balanced switchblade RCA inputs for flexible integration into most applications

Optically isolated Mosfet power supply

Quiet Internal Fan cooling

CROSSOVER Butterworth 55Hz - 5.5KHz Variable 12 dB

FUSE 3 x 30 Amp

POWER OUTPUT RMS @ 4 OHMS 90 x 4 watts

POWER OUTPUT RMS @ 2 OHMS 175 x 4 watts

S/N RATIO 95dB

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.