Accurate Cuts...

lbjshaq2345
10+ year member

...Must be nice.

On the right side of my box I have a 1/2" lip that I didn't notice until I already glued the side wall on. The inside dimensions are perfect, and everything else is perfectly lined up except this. Just wondering what the best solution would be. Someone suggested sanding it down, someone else suggested getting a 1/2" thick piece of MDF and cutting it to fit there.

3048800585_8d04f4f3d4.jpg

...Must be nice.
On the right side of my box I have a 1/2" lip that I didn't notice until I already glued the side wall on. The inside dimensions are perfect, and everything else is perfectly lined up except this. Just wondering what the best solution would be. Someone suggested sanding it down, someone else suggested getting a 1/2" thick piece of MDF and cutting it to fit there.

3048800585_8d04f4f3d4.jpg
Cut it off or put carpet over it.

Well I have a router, but no table yet so while that seems to be the best bet, not possible in the time frame I want to get this box done. The whole box is going to be covered in a thin layer of closed cell foam and some sweet poker table felt over that.

SSC_Platinum.jpg

Well I have a router, but no table yet so while that seems to be the best bet, not possible in the time frame I want to get this box done. The whole box is going to be covered in a thin layer of closed cell foam and some sweet poker table felt over that.
SSC_Platinum.jpg
flip the box upside down and use the flush trim bit. you wouldnt use a table for that. the ball bearing rides against the wall that you want that piece sticking out to be flush with

beat me to it.. fast like ninja
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

seriously though, flush trim bits are like magic when it comes to inaccurate cuts...you could overshoot all of your outer cuts and just line up the inner dimensions right and then trim off the excess and have it look like it was perfect to begin with

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.