Accurate Cuts...

jig saw and electric sander is what i use.

I really want to get a nice router tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

My cuts were fine, but I originally got the wood cut at lowe's and trimmed it down to the sizes I needed. Those cuts weren't even close.
yeah. you have to do it yourself. i've seen the handy panels at home depot cut 1/2 inch off also.

jig saw and electric sander is what i use.
I really want to get a nice router tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
i got a ryobi plunge router for 100$ at home depot. normally, i'd never recommend ryobi. at least if you use it alot, but i've had this router for over a year, and it still works nice. it was well used over that year, and treated poorly. in contrast. i burned out their 18 volt cordless drill in 2 months.....3 times. warranty covered it, but i got sick of leaving jobs to buy new tools. corded ryobi tools aren't too bad. cordless ryobi tools ****.

If you cant flush trim it you could always use a Jig Saw. Just my 2 cents. (Still wishing I had a router LOL )
Router > Jig Saw in this particular situation. Jig saw would be good, and work, but a router will have a much nicer result... also, use a nice round over bit on the whole box, so the felt looks really nice when stretched over the surface.

i got a ryobi plunge router for 100$ at home depot. normally, i'd never recommend ryobi. at least if you use it alot, but i've had this router for over a year, and it still works nice. it was well used over that year, and treated poorly. in contrast. i burned out their 18 volt cordless drill in 2 months.....3 times. warranty covered it, but i got sick of leaving jobs to buy new tools. corded ryobi tools aren't too bad. cordless ryobi tools ****.
BJFish recommended this router...

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100485419

He said he has a few of them, and they work like a charm. I'm gunna pick one up as soon as I can. I'll definitely write a review for it, and see if I recommend it or not.

that's the one i got. it was 99.99 when i got it though. that was in store also.
Good thing about Home Depot, you can order it online, and pick it up in store.

I went to buy something at HD (I forget what), and it was like $10 bucks more. Bought it online VIA my phone, and picked it up right then. It was awesome.

BJFish recommended this router...http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100485419

He said he has a few of them, and they work like a charm. I'm gunna pick one up as soon as I can. I'll definitely write a review for it, and see if I recommend it or not.
So getting one of these in TN when I see my dad. Tight on cash right now so since we are near x-mass perfect gift for me! =) Thanks for showing this one. Thats a good price!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.