Central Region ABT show in IL. 3X MECA

IA,IL,IN,KS,MI,MO,MN,NE,OH,OK,TX,WI
So who all showed up? I was there for a few hours and had never been to one before.

Didn't seem to be many cars competing and overall seemed pretty lame. I left at

2pm, so mabye it got better after that.

Loudest I saw was a 147.8 out of an older style caprice walled off with around 4 Hifonics subs off a BIG ass Hifonics amp, Goliath or Maximus or something. The douche kid they had doing the burps kept picking the wrong tones and messing things up.

Why don't they let you burp your own car???

Saw a few other set ups that appeared to be "killer" and did 130's or barely broke140's. Was hoping to see some 150+ cars, just to hear how loud that actually is, but no luck while I was there.

I did manage to get a free Kenwood t-shirt and the food was good.

Ran into some kids from Michigan who were having trouble with their Directed amps going into protect at 1ohm. I mentioned Sundown, so they wanted to see what I had. Long story short I demo'd Poison, Nothing But A Good Time and the "brains" of the bunch was pretty impressed and told me I should play some tones, so I played BoyZ In Da Hood and slowly kept turning it up. Once I got to full volume he just got a stupid look on his face, got out of the car, and walked away without saying a word...

Ran into PatFitz9 and got to hear his LMS4000. Bad ass looking sub and sure pumped out some clean/low bass for a 10".

So who all showed up? I was there for a few hours and had never been to one before.
Didn't seem to be many cars competing and overall seemed pretty lame. I left at

2pm, so mabye it got better after that.

Loudest I saw was a 147.8 out of an older style caprice walled off with around 4 Hifonics subs off a BIG ass Hifonics amp, Goliath or Maximus or something. The douche kid they had doing the burps kept picking the wrong tones and messing things up.

Saw a few other set ups that appeared to be "killer" and did 130's or barely broke140's. Was hoping to see some 150+ cars, just to hear how loud that actually is, but no luck while I was there.

I did manage to get a free Kenwood t-shirt and the food was good.

Ran into some kids from Michigan who were having trouble with their Directed amps going into protect at 1ohm. I mentioned Sundown, so they wanted to see what I had. Long story short I demo'd Poison, Nothing But A Good Time and the "brains" of the bunch was pretty impressed and told me I should play some tones, so I played BoyZ In Da Hood and slowly kept turning it up. Once I got to full volume he just got a stupid look on his face, got out of the car, and walked away without saying a word...

Ran into PatFitz9 and got to hear his LMS4000. Bad ass looking sub and sure pumped out some clean/low bass for a 10".
There were several 150+ cars at the show, if you stayed till 2 pm then you had to of seen them. As for your car if it was soooo loud why didnt you compete?? You obviously didnt come near TommyK, Delvryboy, or myself.

The douche kid they had doing the burps kept picking the wrong tones and messing things up.

Are you saying they had some kid messing with your stereo playing it at full volume?

There were several 150+ cars at the show, if you stayed till 2 pm then you had to of seen them. As for your car if it was soooo loud why didnt you compete?? You obviously didnt come near TommyK, Delvryboy, or myself.
Never said my car was "that" loud, it's just a decent daily driver. ***** I didn't run into you guys. I pretty much introduced myself to everyone that seemed social and hung around the testing tent for about an hour or so.

I knew TommyK was supposed to be there and really wanted to see his set up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

No, one of the team maxxsonics guys was burping a FEW guys cars because they didn't know the proper procedure or what to play.
That was it.
Well the few times I saw he wasn't doing any better of a job, probably since it wasn't his car. But one time he burped VERY low and everyone freaked out as the subs didn't like it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

x2 what car did u have mlstrass?
Black 2000 Altima parked about 2 cars outside the "competition" area on the Milwaukee ave side of the lot.

And I only "bounced" on the Mich kids cause they was WAY cocky!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So how did you guys do??? I only heard the viper, escalade, some pick up, and a few of the donks...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.