About ID.

Such a shame, I've been doing a lot of studying of their products, and have been looking to get a set of ID CTX65cs in the very near future, i guess i'll have to find something else
same here man, gotta find something else now. very unfortunate. if you dont mind spending an extra $30, look into the HAT imagines, ive heard good reviews.

**** i wanted to buy an IDmax 12" what should i do?
You can still buy it if you want. The OP stated in the quote from PowerBass that they'll be taking orders for ID products till May. I'd be a little worried about the warranty though, I wouldn't want my IDMAX to be replaced with some PowerBass sub.

first off i'd like to point out that my post was in no way ment to be befoul the employees of ID. it was only ment to put the truth out there. as i've said i've seen some of the actions of PB, with the ID amp board in a PB amp, and to me that's just wrong.

1rockford1 has received infractions and a temp-ban for his inability to follow the tech section rules. His antics are not acceptable here. He'll learn that one way or another. It will be 7 days before you have to concern yourselves over him cluttering up any more threads here.

Thank you for the info horsemanwill.

so as most everyone here knows, i was the "biggest ID *****" there is. almost any thread involving ID you'd see me involved in it in some way shape or form. well that's no longer the case. everyone should have seen by know that Eric Stevens, the founder of ID, as well as his team of cohorts, matt bogardt and others have left Image Dynamics because of the partner not wanting to sell out. well to further the pain the partner is gonna have ID live on by merging it with Powerbass?
anyone who's actually dealt with ID knows that Eric and Matt are ID. without them the customer service as well as the knowledge is not there. so to me it's a disgrace to say that Powerbass will continue the same product as well as service. i just don't see that happening. it's because of the Powerbass aspect that has held back the comapany. the 8s and 15s everyone's been wanting hasn't came to because of the "partnership".

i've seen a few threads where Powerbass has stolen ID parts to build their amps. that's just wrong in my opinion. especially when the parts clearly stated Image Dynamics on them in a Powerbass product.

so with that said for those that actually will follow Eric and his products, soon to be named, i say a boycott on all ID and PB should start effectively. all who agree say I and let it begin.

Horsemanwill

ex-IDfanatic.
So let me get this right. You want to harm our industry by wanting to boycott a company and their products because of something has nothing to do with you and never will? I fail to see your logic that this is an acceptable idea to even remotely consider. Most of us already knew the information which you provided, but your added complaint and proposal for the boycott just made you look like a tool at best.

So let me get this right. You want to harm our industry by wanting to boycott a company and their products because of something has nothing to do with you and never will? I fail to see your logic that this is an acceptable idea to even remotely consider. Most of us already knew the information which you provided, but your added complaint and proposal for the boycott just made you look like a tool at best.

so most of the ppl on this forum knew that in 2006 Eric and Jason formed a partnership? Most of the ppl here knew that the reason behind the delay in the max15 and new 8" was because of the "buildhouse". So you knew that Jason basically forced Eric to leave HIS company, his creation because he would not agree to Eric's terms which were very favorable but Jason was just being pigheaded?

and i'm not harming the Inudstry. Just the Powerbass company. and you have no idea what involves me and doesn't involve me so who are u to say that it has nothing to do with me and never will?

so most of the ppl on this forum knew that in 2006 Eric and Jason formed a partnership? Most of the ppl here knew that the reason behind the delay in the max15 and new 8" was because of the "buildhouse". So you knew that Jason basically forced Eric to leave HIS company, his creation because he would not agree to Eric's terms which were very favorable but Jason was just being pigheaded?
and i'm not harming the Inudstry. Just the Powerbass company. and you have no idea what involves me and doesn't involve me so who are u to say that it has nothing to do with me and never will?
Wanting to boycott any company for any reason harms the industry. I knew all of that, and I'm sure anyone who cares already knew. It was not that much a private dispute and it has been in the making for a while. Not to mention there are two sides to every story. Yours is just an out side version of the already two sided story of what is going on.

I'm not complaining about you posting info(all though some might), I'm saying that bringing down the industry to your level does nothing good for it.

statements made by Eric Stevens about ID:

"No mention of Powerbass was made because it was only a distant relative. We were not a part of PB nor were they the parent company to ID . Jason Liu the owner of PB is one of the owners of ID. So no we didn't partner with PB, we formed a partnership.

We were able to do things after forming the new partnership because we now had funds to create growth. So that was beneficial

Eric Stevens"

"My choice was not easy and was not made lightly or quickly. I didn't just walk out I tried to keep Image Dynamics but I had to choose happiness for myself and family over hanging on to something that I had started 18 years prior.

When there is no trust or respect how can you continue working with someone?

Eric Stevens"

"The Press Release that was presented in this thread was an attempt to distort the facts with lies about the situation. I understand that they will want to spin this in the most positive light they can, but they must keep it factual and truthful.

Eric"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Horsemanwill

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Horsemanwill
Junction City, Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date