About ID.

Horsemanwill
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
so as most everyone here knows, i was the "biggest ID *****" there is. almost any thread involving ID you'd see me involved in it in some way shape or form. well that's no longer the case. everyone should have seen by know that Eric Stevens, the founder of ID, as well as his team of cohorts, matt bogardt and others have left Image Dynamics because of the partner not wanting to sell out. well to further the pain the partner is gonna have ID live on by merging it with Powerbass?

anyone who's actually dealt with ID knows that Eric and Matt are ID. without them the customer service as well as the knowledge is not there. so to me it's a disgrace to say that Powerbass will continue the same product as well as service. i just don't see that happening. it's because of the Powerbass aspect that has held back the comapany. the 8s and 15s everyone's been wanting hasn't came to because of the "partnership".

i've seen a few threads where Powerbass has stolen ID parts to build their amps. that's just wrong in my opinion. especially when the parts clearly stated Image Dynamics on them in a Powerbass product.

so with that said for those that actually will follow Eric and his products, soon to be named, i say a boycott on all ID and PB should start effectively. all who agree say I and let it begin.

Horsemanwill

ex-IDfanatic.

for those that care here's some more info:

"Chino, CA (03.23.11) -

Power Bass USA, Inc. parent company to Image Dynamics USA, Inc. has

announced the restructuring of the Image Dynamics brand. Acquired in back 2005, PowerBass USA purchased the ownership and trademark of the world famous speaker and amplifier manufacturer from creator Eric Stevens.

Through the course of their employment both Eric Stevens along with Matt Borgardt has since been instrumental in the development and structuring of the Image Dynamics brand. With the recent developments and restructuring of the company, both Mr. Stevens and Mr. Borgardt will no longer be part of the company. The immediate plans is to move Image Dynamics into the PowerBass facilities. "Consolidating Image Dynamics and PowerBass will open many new and exciting opportunities for both companies", Steven Bach - Vice President for PowerBass. "Image Dynamics will maintain steady with

its core attribute - hand crafted, quality build products. "We are very confident that our two main Seniors Engineers; Mr. Rich Coe and Mr. Tom Lee will be able to assist with new product development that will maintain the integrity of what the worldwide customers of Image Dynamics expect. We have already received many calls of support from the loyal group of competitors, dealers and performance audio enthusiasts alike", Bach adds.

The transition will be set to take place in May 2011. Until then all customers and consumers are welcomed to continue calling the loyal staff at Image Dynamics. Orders will continue to ship, inhousing manufacturing will continue to scheduled, warranty will continue to be serviced and technical calls will continue to be answered. The new website for Image Dynamics will be online within the next few days;

Index of /. Further developments will be posted regularly on the new Image Dynamics website and can be answered on phone at the current Image Dynamics location (909) 724-4655·"

Now with that said here's the corrections:

1- Deal happened in May 2006

2- Powerbass did not acquire or purchase ownership or the trademark. Eric Stevens contributed the Trademark as his investment into a joint venture between Jason Liu and Eric Stevens to form Image Dynamics USA, Inc.

3- They have received many calls of concern regarding future reliability for Warranty coverage.

4- Nancy Taylor is the sole remaining full time employee of Image Dynamics

i'd also like to add that the horns remain Eric Stevens property

i just heard about this today. one of the sadest things i have heard in a while. I am very interested to see what will come up as far as eric, i believe you said, is concerned. if he was the heart and soul of ID then i will follow his progress. I will also stay tuned to see how ID manages under "new management." I still have a set of CX62s that need to be reconed........im going to wait and see what all happens before i send anything to anyone.

Such a shame, I've been doing a lot of studying of their products, and have been looking to get a set of ID CTX65cs in the very near future, i guess i'll have to find something else

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Horsemanwill

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
Horsemanwill
Junction City, Kansas
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date