About had it with RE Audio

littledane
10+ year member

So far ive had nothing but trouble with my RE sx18d2. Well today i blew a fuse (100a) so i replaced it with a 200a ANL. Hooked everything back up and poof! my car is filled with smoke. Im sending the amp back to sonic being as had it less than a month. Hopefully they will replace it. What could have gone wrong? Im not new to car audio been in the game for the last 15 years.

421381_1945438971012_135664135_n.jpg

wait so 100 fuse you replaced with a 200 fuse blew up and your amps destroyed? soo you went double the fusing and then a fuse didnt pop?????

That would have to do with your install. I'm not sure why if the fuse you blew you just replaced it with out looking for the cause prior to trying to use it again. Just saying that you should not blame others for your mistakes.

It does happen to some though, consider this a a lesson learned and move forward. The next time a fuse "just pops" get on here and ask what things may cause that to happen then go check what is suggested prior to attempting to turn it all back on with an even larger fuse(which is a bad idea all around).

Fuse popped because the power supply fets failed(wouldn't be surprised at all if the outputs are done too,they usually go first ). Putting in the 200 amp fuse caused the amp to burn itself to the point of most likely being unrepairable. I wouldn't haul off and just blame RE. Any amp maker/company can and will fail in the right(or should I say wrong) install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.