A picture for you...

I'm still drooling over the pics you sent me matt... I might have to get a set for the house :p and come up with a nice HT setup.
Wouldn't mind a midrange speaker taking care of frequencies 50Hz+, you could tune your subwoofer enclosure to like 20hz lol

It's funny that a few companies want to use these as fullranges they're so expansive in their application abilities...

midbass, midwoofer, full range, woofer, midrange, tweeter, 2 ways, 3-ways... anywhere where 22 mm one way and extremely low inductance with high efficency is good.... .... so I guess that's in every application right?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif :p: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

Well I'll admit you've grabbed my interest. I am still working on my 2-way monitors and the Mid/Bass driver's I was planning on are quite a bit more $$ than your quoted prices...... Will you be able to obtain a full-range spectral decay plot on these drivers?

hmm. a little more espensive then you said they were gonna be huh?

$10 more for the delta for a far better overall speaker... shallower, self shielded... full 1mm copper faraday... better BL curve....more linear motor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Well I'll admit you've grabbed my interest. I am still working on my 2-way monitors and the Mid/Bass driver's I was planning on are quite a bit more $$ than your quoted prices...... Will you be able to obtain a full-range spectral decay plot on these drivers?

I'm sure one of the people testing the Omega will provide you with one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

You get far more flat BL this way than you would with XBL2 even....
I don't know if I'd go so far as to bring XBL2 into this publicly -- and here rly isn’t the place... XBL has its merits -- just extended pole overhung and underhung do their jobs very well too. The largest advantage to XBL2 has yet to be used (that I know of atleast)... In the grove in the top plate that should be completely filled with copper and the grove should be very very deep for use in subwoofers... Just my .02...

The trick with short coil underhung, with the thick hex former and the multiple faraday sleeves is... you need a huge magnet... This is a sacrifice people weren't willing to make for the bottom line I guess? This is also the only downside to underhung… It can get very expensive especially if you were to use this in a subwoofer with say… over 30-40mm of xmax instead… For this use I’m a big fan of going extended pole overhung with liberal use of copper in the gap. BL is still quite flat though there is little you can do to avoid the inevitable drooping curve you get with overhung at the extremes of excursion. Also for less expensive subs with moderate xmax… It is the best way to keep costs down.

That’s all I’m saying for now on my own about this topic…

$10 more for the delta for a far better overall speaker... shallower, self shielded... full 1mm copper faraday... better BL curve....more linear motor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
I just hope the price of the Delta Comp Set won't stray far from the $200 quote from the last thread.

I just hope the price of the Delta Comp Set won't stray far from the $200 quote from the last thread.

$275 is the price right now for the LPG delta set with your choice of alum or silk domes... if you wanted just the xovers and the speakers and mate them with say some dayton neo tweeters it would be around $200 still... we would only sell you the midbasses and xovers however... but you can pick up the tweeters easily

The trick with short coil underhung, with the thick hex former and the multiple faraday sleeves is... you need a huge magnet... This is a sacrifice people weren't willing to make for the bottom line I guess? This is also the only downside to underhung… It can get very expensive especially if you were to use this in a subwoofer with say… over 30-40mm of xmax instead… For this use I’m a big fan of going extended pole overhung with liberal use of copper in the gap. BL is still quite flat though there is little you can do to avoid the inevitable drooping curve you get with overhung at the extremes of excursion. Also for less expensive subs with moderate xmax… It is the best way to keep costs down.

That’s all I’m saying for now on my own about this topic…

overall the magnet isn't really any larger than you would need otherwise... adding at least 4-6 times the winds for overhung etc you may have more B with a weaker magnet and could possibly even get the same L with enough layers but the mms is so high it would remove all advantages and take away the efficency AND low end so amazing with this driver (perfect for sealed and ported)... to even get close the QTS would have to lower significantly to levels closer to the .3 range like the Extremis has

agreed about filling that groove with copper though... but T-pole overhung? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif 10mm thick copper hugging the coil //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif... haha anyway back on topic...

I would imagine extended pole overhung does have it's advantages as does XBL2.... mostly though it's in subs... for the most important audio spectrum... the midrange... I would only want the overall flattest, smoothest, BL and KMS curves

I'm sure one of the people testing the Omega will provide you with one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

...but I want one NOW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1241651&postcount=26
i was unaware thar there were going to be two kinds, what one is better suited for a dediacated midbass. and are they dvc anymore?

both of them are ideal from 35-6khz range... in fact they would probably best or match any speaker currently produced inside this range... with the omega extending into the 10-14khz range

the Omega is just all around the better driver... and no it's SVC

there is a home version that is SVC 8 ohm as well with all aluminum phase plug... omega price on that is $140 for this time being... after this 1 mth time frame expect dealers to be 50-60% more than that

...but I want one NOW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

If I wasn't scared of any "bias" in the testing I would test it... however It's better if independent people confirm what we already know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

they are both 6.5's right? because if they fit in my pods [the deltas that is - unless you seriously think the omega is that much better in my application at .2ish cf] then i would love to test them out in the setup i have right now. i have ~75w@4ohm for them. i need them to do 50hz~1.5khz so they sound like they are golden. get this group buy setup soon so i dont waste my money //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

just incase you are interested - heres my install currently

http://imagedynamicsusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1302

Could you guys please post a website, if any is available. I also missed what tweets were going to be supplied with the car set???

Basically what comes with each set, car and home, and a price point.

Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.