A good amp for Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1D?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Malice666

I currently have a single 12inch Kappa Perfect 12.1d and have been trying to find an amp for the past couple months... still havent decided.... getting very frustrating.. Spending limit: 250 bucks max...... I need something with a decent SnR.. that dosent get hot.. Clean power.. i'm trying to avoid distortion as much as possible going for pure sound quality, want the sound to blend not hear sloppy booming noises.. using an alpine 9807 head unit so it has a 4.5V pre out if that helps anyone out..

please help me.. i'm going insane

Oh and also forgot, what is the wattage for 2ohmx1 mainly on the 500? Briged, it can handle 2 ohms bridged right? i'm looking at the manufacturer site says 250wrms x 1 at 2 ohm and then 400wrms x 1 at 4 ohm.. i'm not finding too much info on this particular..amp and whatever i do find contridicts another thing i see spec wise..

also how efficient is this amp?

I was planning on buying a slightly larger amp so i could drop the gain and keep the temerature down, let alone if i ever decide to put something better in my car i'd be able to power it, was originally just looking at mono Class D amps, due to efficiency... i'm new to the whole car stereo thing.. i'm used to home audio with brands like Marantz, Carver and Mcintosh (i know they make car audio... but refuse to pay that much for an amp..)

Oh yeah i asked Infinity for a recommendation for an amp last week finally got back to me a few minutes ago.. of course the JBL 600.1...... wish i would have been more awake when i sent that email.. would have realized not to waste the time.

Jmac I really appreciate all the help your giving me, i would like to ask you to tell me why do you like these Rubicon amps so much, i've noticed on numerous posts you mention them Alot. And what are some of the negative features about the amp? How much power do the amps **** from the altinator? I'm trying to keep that load slightly lower because i planned on purchasing an 85x4 @ 4ohm amp in the future since my components and 6x9's are craving alot more power, and i dont want to put in a larger altinator (i only drive a honda civic)

and for Verification in my previous post i was talking about the 500-2, and got the specs messed up, was looking at the site while i was typeing that, and i hadnt slept for over 30 hours, i'm sorry about the confusion.

Thanks

also before i go to bed, I'm using a .88Ft^3 enclosure, and with the infinity sub's if you give them the proper amount of break in time giving them slightly more power isnt as large of a deal, when you try to put some force on a brand new Kappa, that thing is god **** hard to move.. but if you feel a broken in kappa it moves a hell of alot easier, thats why people chunk that **** voice coil off.. yeah its just held on with some pretty crappy glue.. maybe i could find a way to reinforce that who knows

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.