A few Bandpass questions.

Participant count
  • Participant list

CousinVin
10+ year member

I've been contemplating building myself a bandpass enclosure for my new style RE XXX 12" for a while now, but never got around to it. I don't exactly know how to design a bandpass. that's the main issue //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif. I'm sure there are certain equations for it that, if you know and are willing to share the knowledge, I am more than willing to know. Or could i simply build, in essence, a sealed enclosure for the back of the sub to spec, and a ported for the front, but on one box? or vise versa? in other words, one long box with essentially two boxes inside.

im not shure exactly if this is a band pass design - but - I built 2 of them so far and have found them to be nice and ajustable for the sub being used. the mounting of the sub is on a ajustable baffle - so you can make the sealed chamber bigger / smaller and test to see how it plays. then screw it down real good once you find the ideal tuning / location for the baffle

DECWARE's Death Box II - High Output Subwoofer

It's a good bit more complicated to design than simply building a sealed and ported box to normal spec for the driver. Just so you know, pretty likely that a proper bandpass for the XXX will be well and rightly HUGE.
alright. well that was my question. is there anywhere i can go for legit information on making one? or could you possibly give me your definition of "huge"?

why exactly do you want a bandpass box? music or meter? A ported box is more practical.
I understand a ported is more practical, but as well as this sub gets loud, it sounds great too. I feel like it has potential to be great for SQ. Its slowly becoming more evident I like music to sound great, than be loud. although i do like to be able to scare people in my car haha.

i would never use that sub in a bandpass...it will play but im so not a fan of that sub..its just as bad as a w7...lolthey both suk monkey balls

Thank you for your incredibly insightful post. I don't know what i would have done without that information.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.