A cradle to support magnet?

Yep we have done some similar things with amps in the past. We have done liquid cooled amp racks before...wouldn't do it again though..was a pita..but it did work very very well. Amp stayed around 75-80 degrees no matter how long it was on.
that sounds awesome!

Remember the wood we are talking about (engineered woods) are soaked in resin during fabrication: they are more flammable than standard wood with a lower ignition point. Hell, a saw blade can make it smoke!

So I have double baffle 1.5 inches thick, and using t-nuts, in a fiberglass box. All I have to worry about is the box being strong enough to support the sub?

What if I hit a big bump in the road? The basket shouldn't crack, and the magnet wont fall off right? lol

What sub are you using?

As long as you built a very sturdy enclosure, no you do not need to worry about it. Think about how that sub was treated during shipping...much worse then your car will ever treat it.

What sub are you using?
As long as you built a very sturdy enclosure, no you do not need to worry about it. Think about how that sub was treated during shipping...much worse then your car will ever treat it.
^ True story bro..

I am using a JL 12w7, I know its not the beefiest sub out there but just wanted to be sure that I am not doing something wrong.

I guess ill add a couple extra layers of fibreglass just to be sure its strong enough.

Thanks for all the replies,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.