99 Nissan Sentra Hesitation???

Maybe it is the MAF, lmao...

Well, today was my first day back at work and I again had access to all my tools including my DMM. I followed the Haynes Manual and checked the voltage on the MAF. It says at idle im supposed to read 1.3v~1.7v, I was reading at 2v. With engined revved up to 4,000rpm im supposed to get a reading of 4v, I was reading at 3v. With the inginition on and engine off im supposed to see a reading of less that 1v, I was reading at 1v. Im assuming since all 3 of these readings failed the MAF is bad. Ima try that tommorrow.

so wait u were making fun of his tiny engine? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gifwhat about ur tiny engine
WTF are you talking about? neither of my auto's have tiny motors.....3.2L is not tiny....and the 5L in the mav is not tiny:confused:

unless you have the 6.0L, you can shut your **** mouth...o and i get way better mileage than you do, but op's nissan trumps me:D

Maybe it is the MAF, lmao...
Well, today was my first day back at work and I again had access to all my tools including my DMM. I followed the Haynes Manual and checked the voltage on the MAF. It says at idle im supposed to read 1.3v~1.7v, I was reading at 2v. With engined revved up to 4,000rpm im supposed to get a reading of 4v, I was reading at 3v. With the inginition on and engine off im supposed to see a reading of less that 1v, I was reading at 1v. Im assuming since all 3 of these readings failed the MAF is bad. Ima try that tommorrow.
how did you decide originally that the maf wasn't the problem?

By tryin another one, but just plugged one in. This idiot at the Junkyard was telling how and what to do, he pushed my nerves. When I got to work, I used my DMM to get my reading and thats what came up. Bad readings all the way across...

check the tps while you are doing your testing...im sure you can find a testing curve for it as well....im going to go back and read all the posts up till now and see if anything stands out

I am going to check everything tonight since I now have a reading on what each should be. So far the MAF has read wrong. I checked that first since all the syptoms my car has is related to the MAF and the codes read at AutoZone were againt the MAF. Pretty much, everything leads to the MAF beign bad right now. I just oredered one this morning, ima keep testing though...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.