99 Nissan Sentra Hesitation???

revrider1
5,000+ posts

Hmmm...
This past weekend I picked up my sisters little 99 Nissan Sentra for cheap. It needed work and attention, as the week has passed I have almost got it running 100% perfect. There is one thing I cant figure out, It has a hesitation as if fuel restriction. It also seems as if it is gasping for air. You can hear it from the air intake box. I changed all the filters including fuel filter, changed the plugs and wires. I was told most likely its an injector thats bad. Any input would be appriciated, I wanna try and keep from taking it to a mechanic as I have done most the work myself. I save money like that, lol. Thanks in advance for any input...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Flux capacitor?

i had a 96 sentra with the 1.6, Its not the o2 sensor, my check engine light was always on for that exact thing. Sounds like you covered the bases. Somthing with the fuel system has to be the cause.

These Sentra's seem to have problems... check the VIN for recalls.

My 2000 Sentra 1.8 has problems sometimes like this, but more problems with the engine just quitting randomly at idle. It will just stop running. It ALWAYS starts right back up though. I've read up, and the things point to problems with the Idle air controller or the crank position sensor... and other problems that are very costly.

How much did you get it for if you don't mind me asking? Go to some sentra forums, and look around online... it might be something you decide to get rid of. I know if I was in the financial situation right now to look at something else, I would more than likely get rid of the Sentra before something WRONG actually happens to it.

nG

I paid $600 for it, needed some minor work which I have already done. It was her car that just sat there and she finally decided to get rid of it casue she bought an 08 Charger. It hardly ever got used, only has 72,000 miles on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.