9887 or x305s?

hjsharkey23

I am new to car audio and I dont really know much about it. I was looking to spend around $300 on a head unit. I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the alpine 9887 and the alpine x305s. I'm mainly going to connect my iPod to the head unit. Also, my car is a '99 Infiniti G20. The factory stereo is double din. How can I mount a single din into the double din slot. I've seen people who have a little space underneath the head unit. Help me out guys.. I'm a noob.

Why are you trying to spend $300 on a headunit? Just to spend the money? Do you have any idea of what those units are capable of doing? So basically your putting it on looks of the HU right? You can connect ipods to practically every head unit. if you wont be using all of the processing of the 9887, and crossover abilities, should just get their cheapest headunit, would save you alot of money. Unless you want to tell all your friends you spend $300 on a headunit, in which case thats waaay overpaying for the 9887.

Why are you trying to spend $300 on a headunit? Just to spend the money? Do you have any idea of what those units are capable of doing? So basically your putting it on looks of the HU right? You can connect ipods to practically every head unit. if you wont be using all of the processing of the 9887, and crossover abilities, should just get their cheapest headunit, would save you alot of money. Unless you want to tell all your friends you spend $300 on a headunit, in which case thats waaay overpaying for the 9887.

well thanks for being an ******* haha.... really helped me out dickhead.. just because i said im new to car audio doesnt mean im not trying to learn about it... unless your like the man or something you should probably just shut the **** up.. but thats just my advice for you, thanks anyways

The only issue with the newer Alpine units vs. the 9887 is that the newer units DO NOT have the H100 sound processor built in like in the 9887. This means that if you want to take advantage of the Imprint software (unless you are a crazy audiophile and this you can get the sound better than the software) you will now need to purchase the H100 sound processor separately, which will mean more money. I have had my 9887 for 3 years now, love it, and it is still going strong. Most of the music I listen to is via my iPod and not the CD player. The iPod is just so much more convenient and once the Imprint software is used to get the proper tonal quality of the music and get the proper soundstage, you will not be disappointed.

Best Alpine headunit out right now is the 117. Shits all over the 9887
That model is actually the replacement to the 9887. As I said previously however, the H100 sound processor now needs to be purchased separately.

it would be wasteful to get the 9887 and not use its processing capabilities. you're better off with the 305.

the cda-117 is more like a replacement of the 9886 IMO

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hjsharkey23

hjsharkey23
Reading, MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
BassAddictJ