95 lincoln factory amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

Justinh722
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a 95 lincoln continental. I recently hooked up an in-dash dvd player. I get power to the dvd player but I can't get any sound. I know that I need to find the amp turn on wire. Anyone know what color the wire might be, or maybe some websites that could give me a little info on it. I need the factory harness amp turn on wire. Any help would be appreciated.

it should be blue if you got the plug that just plugs in....or you could go to walmart and look at the plug and find out which one it is

I know the amp turn on wire is blue with a white stripe coming out of the aftermarket harness. I hooked that wire up to my remote turn on wire from my head unit and it didnt turn on. So I wanna know the factory amp turn on wire color, which comes out of the factory harness. Thanks for the quick reply.

Oddly enough, it's typically blue in a Ford. Is the factory plug still in place? It's located in the gray plug, at the opposite end from the constant power wire.

Oddly enough, it's typically blue in a Ford. Is the factory plug still in place? It's located in the gray plug, at the opposite end from the constant power wire.

Yes, there are 3 factory plugs. One is grey and 2 are square and black. There is a black plug and a grey plug in the back of the factory stereo. When using the aftermarket harness, i only use the grey one from the stereo. The other black square plug is then used for the aftermarket one. I've tried putting power to every single wire that isnt in use. For some reason I cant figure it out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.