95 explorer sport h/u install help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jep772
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have 1995 exp sport 4x4 w/ the non jbl premium factory system.after i tried wal mart harnesses i had a deck installed by a shop, they said they had to make the harness and charged me 70 dollars for part and labor to make it. i cant do that again i was just feelin rich that day and didnt want to mess with any of it.

alpine and harness got jacked and now i have dbl din ready to go in, hoping someone can hip me to a cheaper harness option and i dont want to rip out the rear interior to bypass the amp.. if i have to im just gonna run + - from the battery and run my own speaker wires.

per crutchfield i have the non jbl premium with auto-set button. heres a couple pics

20jsdft.jpg

igx6z5.jpg

id bypass that crap factory amp...the one in your deck will sound much cleaner...the output from the speaker leads of the Alpine will be too much input for th amp....Walmart use to sell a box for about $20 made my scosche where you could match the radio to the amp but took a lot of wiring to do this....you really don't need your rear speakers...so grab your front speaker wires at the kick panels.....look for the twisted pairs.,..

probably will do, a friend has a set of ford plugs and it looks like i can use the power ground one and ill just do like u said and run new wires to the doors

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.