95, 96, 97 Impala SS, which one!?

The 96 is the biggest collectors year when it comes to the SS. I got one down here that has 800 miles on it, its goin for $38,000. (not mine, I WISH). Also there is one here that has a 6 speed stick put into it. (Ill find out the price)

From what I was told they actually did make a 97 but only a few for the CEO's of chevy. I dont believe it but thats what was said.

The 96 is the only year that has the floor shifter. They ONLY come in 3 colors, Bluish gray, black burgundy. I had a 96 burgundy but ended up havin to sell it. Way to many speeding tickets.

i would say go for a 96 because of the floor shifter that year (i hate column shift) and also because it is obdII, which in the case of the lt1 allows you to go with gm's lt4 conversion package.

There is a 97 where I live that is fully equiped with the works, air bags and all...
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

They never had a 97 Impala SS dumb ass.

And they call came with the same airbags and seats, only differences where minor like tape over a cd player as an option.

i would say go for a 96 because of the floor shifter that year (i hate column shift) and also because it is obdII, which in the case of the lt1 allows you to go with gm's lt4 conversion package.
Theres no need for a LT-4 Conversion, you'd be better off with an aftermarket heads package and other things if you want more power.

Some of the stuff said in this thread is funny. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

The last of the rear wheel drive Chevy V-8 4-door sedans were built from 1994 to 1996 as the Impala SS. There are many web sites with information regarding these cars. Here is a good one to start at:
http://www.impalaclub.com/naisso/home/

They all have the same basic layout, with subtle differences with each year. In '94, it came with a column shifter and came in any color you wanted, as long as it was black. Also, the side view mirrors were mounted on the doors. In '95, they added a color: dark cherry metalic. They also moved the side view mirrors on top of the doors in the window area. In '96, they added another color: dark green grey metallic. They also put the shifter on the floor.

In the lower left part of the web site above, there is a link to the "Impala SS History". It gives more details about all of the Impala SSs.

It's a great car!! I've had my '96 for about 8 years now and still love to drive it every time I get in.
For the most part your right on some of the things stated, but they're were 95 DGGM's and they are the rarest of all of the impalas. and on the 94's they just had a black plastic piece in the rear C Piller window inplace of the caprice windows.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.