91' jeep cherokee xj build

jeepguylv

CarAudio.com Elite
hey ya'll, I am getting ready to start on my build soon so I thought I would start this thread and share with you what I am doing.

first off a few thanks to some people I have purchased some of these items from that made this build possible.

a1mcalister1- for the AQ 3500d and the AQ100.4 + SQ super tweeters

C1500martin - for the SQ 90.4 (sorry I traded for the 100.4 so it had matching logo)

Boomsday- for the 5 agm group 31 batt. and 0ga. wire (plus more on the way)

Hell4life- for fuses and fuse holder

eg9- for fuse holder, zip ties, and variouse wiring

Cherryman- for building the awesome enclosure

soundquebed- for the matching AQ200.2 (bought off ebay)

Vertex audio- for rca's and an awesome free t-shirt

Homegrown- for all the battery terminals, amp reducers, ect.

soundqubed- for the HDC418's and pro audio mids

few people on ebay - braided loom, heatshrink tube, switches, install accessories

sonic electronics- volt meters

I may have forgotten to mention a few so if I did just chime in.

ok so I plan on installing everything over the next couple of months since work has been busy.

so to start here are some photos of the jeep and some of the equipment. I have more coming and will post when it arrives.

also I will be doing other work to it in the mean time as well like the paint for one.

equipment list:

2) AQ 3500d1 amps

2) HDC4 18's

4) soundqubed pro audio mids (I also have 4 AQ pro audio mids on the way, more on that later)

2) soundqubed super tweeters

1) AQ4 100.4 prototype

1) AQ 200.2 for extra mid bass

2) AQ super tweeters

90ft. roughly of 0ga. wire

100ft. ea. of blue and black braided loom

200ft. of 8 ga. speaker wire

5) group 31 AGM batteries

1) 200 amp alt. ( debating if I should add another 200 amp since I can get it cheap or doing 1 320 amp. opinions welcome on this)

h/u hasn't been decided yet

I also have coming 2 IA 40.1 amps that may go in instead of the AQ's or I may decide to wall later and add 2 more 18's

here are some photos and I will update on progress

thanks for lookin

mike

under the hood before

my baby

I will be doing some kind of door plates just not sure how yet

this is the h/u I have now and not sure if I am going to update it but I probably will

here is where I have to try and fit everything lol

here is some of the equipment

and the batteries

cable

I have 4 of these, 1 for ea. amp, I know I really don't need it but thought it would look cool.

thanks man... as much as I do not want to do a wall.... I am considering it, the more I think about it and try to lay out the 4 amps and batteries, it will be tough, if I wall it I will need one or 2 more 18's I think .

ok here is what I looked at today, needed to find battery location and amp rack location.

opinions on my idea are welcome.

if I remove my back seat I am left with the floorboard in between the driveline tunnel and it looks as if I have the room for 4 batteries there, 2 on ea. side. and I can put the 5th in the stock location under the hood.

now for the amp rack I will build it out of steel tube and bolt it in the same location as the rear seat, and it will swivel from vertical to flat the same way so I can access batteries, I will need to make a lock mechanism to hold it in the vertical position.

as for the wire I will use blue for pos. and black for neg., the whole jeep will be blue and black theme. I have a heat gun so the heatshink will not get black like this one I did with a lighter lol.

also these rca's came today.

any opinions welcome just try not to rag on me too bad lol.

thanks for lookin

will update more this week and weekend.

lol right on, I should be done when you come out around march or april if that's when your thinking, most likely before but it should be all dialed in by then.

lookin forward to it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbcool.gif.25d3f515a7f948dd6be51428263071ef.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.