89 Corolla

Alright I'll get the car sometime next week.

First thing is first, AC does not work. It blows, but just hot air. I'll first check the refrigerant. After that I'll just buy a reman compressor off ebay, $100-140.

I know very little about carbed or 4 cyc motors. I guess it may need a new carb since the car "diesels" (?) when you turn it off. Same thing happened to my buds van, it ended up being the carb so that's why I think that it may be the same issue?

I plan on keeping this motor for awhile. So I'll just get a K&N filter for it (I like ones that I can just wash). I would also like to do some new springs and struts/shocks. Anyone know of any sites I can find these parts at?

Oh and of course a CHEAP A$$ system, and I mean cheap as can be lol.

My mom had an 88' Corolla wagon for awhile, very nice car. She bought if for 350.00, it was a hell of a deal. The two problems we had were:

1. Water pumps, we replaced it, (MAJOR PITA) ran good for awhile, then after we sold it the lady who bought it said the pulley sheared off, then I guess it needed altogether replacing.

2. Exhaust systems, the first one broke, we welded it, then it totally fell apart from the cat-back. IIRC it was like only 150.00 for a new system.

Other than those it was an excellent car.

Looks like the car needs a new AC compressor.... I'm just getting a cheap on off ebay no way am I going down to a parts store and paying $350 for one lol. It has struts all around, the suspension is so soft I bottomed out twice already. So new coil springs and sturts are needed. Then the brakes could use bleeding and the roof liner is falling down. Other than that the car is in good shape. I'll fix the roof liner tomorrow and probably swap out the rotors/pads and bleed the brakes.

Few pics...

318232475.jpg

318232480.jpg

318232477.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.