.87 cubic foot box - too big for a 10" too small for a 12"

OK. I think I've decided on the Dayton sub. I've always heard good things about them and they seem to be well suited for the size box I'll be working with. 

So, now it comes down to the amp. As far as I can tell, the Dayton only comes in dual 4ohm vc. So, the lowest I'll be able to get is 2ohm. So, I should be looking for an amp that'll do somewhere around 1kw at 2 ohms, right?  I see the Taramps MD1200.1 comes in a 2ohm version that fits in my budget. https://www.amazon.com/Taramps-MD12002-Tara-1200-Midbass/dp/B074KRXHRZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=md1200.1&qid=1556149314&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Only thing is it looks like stock is low and I'm not ready to buy for a while. 

Another question has come up. Do these amps no have built in crossovers? I know the Bass series does, but it doesn't seem like the MD series does. 

Also, one feature I liked on the RF was the wired remote knob. I like the idea of being able to tone done the base when I want to. Is there anything similar to the Taramps that have that feature?

OK. I think I've decided on the Dayton sub. I've always heard good things about them and they seem to be well suited for the size box I'll be working with. 

So, now it comes down to the amp. As far as I can tell, the Dayton only comes in dual 4ohm vc. So, the lowest I'll be able to get is 2ohm. So, I should be looking for an amp that'll do somewhere around 1kw at 2 ohms, right?  I see the Taramps MD1200.1 comes in a 2ohm version that fits in my budget. https://www.amazon.com/Taramps-MD12002-Tara-1200-Midbass/dp/B074KRXHRZ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=md1200.1&qid=1556149314&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Only thing is it looks like stock is low and I'm not ready to buy for a while. 

Another question has come up. Do these amps no have built in crossovers? I know the Bass series does, but it doesn't seem like the MD series does. 

Also, one feature I liked on the RF was the wired remote knob. I like the idea of being able to tone done the base when I want to. Is there anything similar to the Taramps that have that feature?
Grab this... same price run at 2 ohms and you'll have all the head room you need.

https://www.amazon.com/Taramp-HD3000-1-Stable-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B00FGULS78/ref=sr_1_1?crid=32ALK4MV9NMAM&keywords=taramps+hd3000&qid=1556160617&s=gateway&sprefix=taramps+hd%2Caps%2C189&sr=8-1

That sounds like a plan. This and a Dayton sub in a ported box it is. I appreciate everyone's help. I was going to save up for the head unit before doing the sub. But, you guys have me so excited about the sub, I might do that first and use a loc until I get the HU.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.