84 CAPRICE 30" Rims.... fiberglass everywhere.. paint/interior motor

So much win with everyone using poor English to correct the last person's poor english.

Not my thing either, but really clean work you're doing! Most people don't do fiberglass that clean after a dozen attempts. I'd expect some very good things in your future with that.
thanks man... i think the fact that i do paint/body work for a living kind of helped me out with the outcome of the work. i cant stand to not have something sanded or not looking right and as perfect as possible haha

but ya to the above post.. i thought he was saying that i just couldnt tell.

but thanks everyone.. im actualy in the middle of trying to get the bodywork on the dash done im filling in all the grooves on the dash so its completely smooth... talk about aggravating haha

back to work...

Your car are clean. Now only if you would bag it on the 30's!! Tires would hit the trim line before the frame hits the ground!! I like big rims and LOW LOW stance. Nice glass work too.

Your car are clean. Now only if you would bag it on the 30's!! Tires would hit the trim line before the frame hits the ground!! I like big rims and LOW LOW stance. Nice glass work too.
i wish i could tuck the **** outta them without a MAJOR modification... but thats too much money to spend... the car is getting lowered about 3" in the rear however.

but heres some updates from today

filling in all the grooves on the dash so its completely smooth for paint

so far im loving how it looks... and after i build the console to mold into the center i think its gonna look SICK!!!

2011-09-27231118-1.jpg

heres how the grooves looked

2011-09-27231053-1.jpg

after (other side)

2011-09-27231109-1.jpg

i think im going to have the center console come all the way up and mold directly into the center section to look like its actually connected to the dash... should be fun cant wait to finish this and start on that

ya alot of people on other forums were telling me not to do my dash becuz the car was MINT from the start.... but i had faith in my self and glad i did it because its coming out great in my opinion

redoing my door panels though i switched up a few ideas that im going to do now

Not too far at all. Pretty much a straight shot out on 80. I'd guess you're about 30 minutes away depending on traffic. Check out impalassforum.com/vBulletin if you ever need any help with any mechanical stuff on the car. I felt I had to throw that out there for you.

How hard was it to remove that alum trim around the windows? I have an 81 catalina im painting soon and havent messed with it but if someone can shed light on how easy or hard they are to remove thatd be cool. BTW where can you find bumper fillers for the old B-bodies?

How hard was it to remove that alum trim around the windows? I have an 81 catalina im painting soon and havent messed with it but if someone can shed light on how easy or hard they are to remove thatd be cool. BTW where can you find bumper fillers for the old B-bodies?

i found a brand new front filler on ebay... or try classicindustries.com

but the trim around the windows.. you have to remove the glass then the tracks and the trim is pressure fit on and it can be pulled off with not much force... but make sure you remove the glass and tracks first... i tried to just pull the trim out with everything in still and ended up breaking one *thank god for junk yards* once everything is pulled out the trims come out pretty simple

ej im on impalassforum been on there since like 2002/03 lol

i found a brand new front filler on ebay... or try classicindustries.com

but the trim around the windows.. you have to remove the glass then the tracks and the trim is pressure fit on and it can be pulled off with not much force... but make sure you remove the glass and tracks first... i tried to just pull the trim out with everything in still and ended up breaking one *thank god for junk yards* once everything is pulled out the trims come out pretty simple

ej im on impalassforum been on there since like 2002/03 lol

paint jobs start at 1500$ and go as high as what you want.

1500$ is usually a basic respray same color with fixing scraches/chips maybe a few small dings any body work is extra

but every car i paint comes with a minimum of 3 to 4 coats of clear and a full wetsand and buff afterwards included in the price

that also includes pulling as much stuff as possible... for 1500$ that would include alot of pulling parts but nothing crazy... complete color change jobs get tore apart completely besides the doors off

M.C. Customs | Facebook

you can check out my work there if you want

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

MyTrunkSlamz

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
MyTrunkSlamz
SOUTH SIDE CHI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date