80PRS busted out of the box?

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Finally got a 80prs in, went to go swap it out this morning. Was easier then normal since i already had a DEH-9400 in there, nearly the same unit minus the DSP. Started up the truck and went threw the setup, i noticed at the calendar selection i was turning the volume knob ALOT to change a single digit. Same way my 9400 setup is but one notch is a digit, i was turning the wheel all the way around several times to achieve this.

Finished setup and every time i turn the volume knob from any source(radio/usb/w.e) it goes into phone function? But not the entire menu just that first screen then flashes back to the source being used. So obviously that does not work at all, then i noticed the return key does the same thing. So do the little scan arrows beside the volume wheel, consulted the manual and found after installation or if the unit is acting funny hit the reset button under the faceplate.

I have reset the thing 3 times now with the same result, so guess i got a lemon..... Anyone experience this before?

Finally got a 80prs in, went to go swap it out this morning. Was easier then normal since i already had a DEH-9400 in there, nearly the same unit minus the DSP. Started up the truck and went threw the setup, i noticed at the calendar selection i was turning the volume knob ALOT to change a single digit. Same way my 9400 setup is but one notch is a digit, i was turning the wheel all the way around several times to achieve this.
Finished setup and every time i turn the volume knob from any source(radio/usb/w.e) it goes into phone function? But not the entire menu just that first screen then flashes back to the source being used. So obviously that does not work at all, then i noticed the return key does the same thing. So do the little scan arrows beside the volume wheel, consulted the manual and found after installation or if the unit is acting funny hit the reset button under the faceplate.

I have reset the thing 3 times now with the same result, so guess i got a lemon..... Anyone experience this before?
no. You gotta RMA that ****. super lemon

The first 80prs I installed was brand new as well. Hooked it up setup everything and was quite happy. Then a day later went through all the different inputs and usb, sd card and when I loaded a cd it loaded it half way and spun with the disk half way out...scratched up a rare disk that isn't sold anymore too...luckily the store I bought it from had another on the shelf. Had to swap it out and check that everything worked before I left.

*****. But I would definitely rma it

Mine was freaking out like crazy too.. only mine wasn't broken, my blind self put an aux cord into the steering remote port lol
Oh shit, you put the auto tune mic in below the bt mic didn't you? I just realized how stupid it would be to have to keep that mic installed, that's how I set mine too....

Update: Yep sure enough i did too, guess manuals are useful. Seems to be working now, finished auto tune and it set my sub to -22db? Whats that about

Also im wondering if its set right, im running a 4ch amp bridged for my highs so both fronts are one door. Think it figured that out or now i have multiple slopes and time alignments for a single door. Im in standard mode with passive crossovers, although thinking of going 2way active now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.